Will my system cope if I add a 3rd monitor @ 4k (or even 1440p?)

Ek_k

Hi, I'm currently trying to choose what kind of monitor I should go for. A family member of mine built my pc early 2020. My original plan was to get a 4k monitor of some kind for video editing, 3D works (animation, modelling etc), Illustrator, Photoshop, as well as watch films etc. As well as the monitor that is listed on the list, I am also using a generic 1080p Iiyama monitor (gifted by a friend) as a secondary display. The Dell monitor is running @ 144Hz & the iiyama is @ 60Hz. I game with mid range settings on my Dell monitor (full settings works smoothly but fans spin pretty hard so I opt for mid) - GTA for example. I would still be using this monitor for gaming even when I get a new monitor.

My set up: (The CPU I have has the stock cooler attached.)

The monitor that I was looking at potentially getting was the BenQ PD2700U 4K.

Additionally, I also play VR games with the Rift S. I only have it plugged in when I am playing a game but I just thought I'd mention it in case it affects anything. :) 

Thanks in advance!

for gaming GPU, you're allowed up to 4 displays iirc?

resolution doesnt matter as long as your port have enough bandwidth for the resolution and framerate that you want

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

for gaming GPU, you're allowed up to 4 displays iirc?

resolution doesnt matter as long as your port have enough bandwidth for the resolution and framerate that you want

Yeah I was assuming that but as I wasn't 100% sure I just wanted to make a post for confirmation before I sink money into a monitor and find that it won't cope. Thanks for letting me know! 😊