Has anyone tried mounting a mobo sideways? To place the whole rig behind the monitor I suppose.

nelska

Here is a photoshop of what I am trying to explain seems perfectly effective and efficient?

fghfghfgh.jpg

I think no one has done that because it will not work and if it did work it would be awful you can't plug in usb, longer PSU cables may be needed and I would be surprised if that aio worked any good

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Just now, Kanna said:

I think no one has done that because it will not work and if it did work it would be awful you can't plug in usb, longer PSU cables may be needed and I would be surprised if that aio worked any good

all the cords would just slide right out the bottom of the case next to the psu.

the only toss up is you would literally have to mount the psu in the front of the case if it doesnt all fit as is. which wouldnt work.

I remember a case doing this. But the most common solution is board at the top and then cables coming through one hole at the top that you can guide down the side of the system and thus hide the cables well.

11 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I remember a case doing this. But the most common solution is board at the top and then cables coming through one hole at the top that you can guide down the side of the system and thus hide the cables well.

my only idea was to mount the mobo as to the cords being able to slide behind the case or under somehow and come out through the spacers. you might have to do a full tower case and mid tower mobo. but it would be a really fun build. all so the cpu says RYZEN lol. instead of

R

Y

Z

E

N

1 hour ago, nelska said:

my only idea was to mount the mobo as to the cords being able to slide behind the case or under somehow and come out through the spacers. you might have to do a full tower case and mid tower mobo. but it would be a really fun build. all so the cpu says RYZEN lol. instead of

R

Y

Z

E

N

There is a cooler master case that does bottom to top airflow. You can turn that on it's side with some added feet and boom you sorta have the case you want.

I can't imagine this fitting unless you were willing to drill and tap new holes for the mobo standoffs. Which, granted, you could do if you really wanted to.

If you really wanted to do this, you could just make a 'rack' with four fairly tall feet that would allow you to set a PC case down on its back, with enough clearance to allow the cables to run. No other modded equipment needed. The only drawback would be that all your I/O would be on the back, which IMO would be a pain in the butt to say the least. Depending on your desk size, placement in the room, and room lighting, rear I/O can already be annoying enough.

If you're going to all this trouble to save desk space or whatever, why not just get a compact mATX or mini ITX case, or build an all-in-one from a laptop mobo or a Raspberry Pi?

Technically, it's possible, but that will mean lots of modification to your case. For starters, your PSU will block your motherboard IO. You also need to cut your bottom plate for your GPU IO as well.

In this case, you might one to custom design your case already. normal PC cases are not design for this type of motherboard mounting, and you will need to modify heavily to make it works.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

15 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

Technically, it's possible, but that will mean lots of modification to your case. For starters, your PSU will block your motherboard IO. You also need to cut your bottom plate for your GPU IO as well.

In this case, you might one to custom design your case already. normal PC cases are not design for this type of motherboard mounting, and you will need to modify heavily to make it works.

Would just have to mount a mid tower on a tall case.. and then drill holes out the back for all the cords. then slide them under the case itself or around the back.