CDPR co-founder apologizes for Cyberpunk 2077 launch on last gen consoles

Jet_ski
26 minutes ago, The1Dickens said:

Just going to point out: PS5/Xbox Series S/X versions are not out yet. They launch later this year, according to the timeline.

They launched 2 months ago.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

2 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

They launched 2 months ago.

Sorry, it wasn't clear: the PS5 and Xbox Series S/X version of Cyberpunk has not launched yet. There was no push to get it out quickly to have software available on the new hardware. Though, you could play the Xbox One and PS4 versions on the new hardware, through backwards compatibility or crossplay or however it works. The timeline in the apology video points out that the new-gen flavors of the game will be ready later this year.

I didn't mean to imply that the consoles themselves had not launched yet.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

1 minute ago, The1Dickens said:

Sorry, it wasn't clear: the PS5 and Xbox Series S/X version of Cyberpunk has not launched yet. There was no push to get it out quickly to have software available on the new hardware. Though, you could play the Xbox One and PS4 versions on the new hardware, through backwards compatibility or crossplay or however it works. The timeline in the apology video points out that the new-gen flavors of the game will be ready later this year.

I didn't mean to imply that the consoles themselves had not launched yet.

Oh yeah, I know. What I meant to say that new consoles couldn't wait any longer didn't mean it about CP2077 but in general, they needed to release new ones, being how old ones were very bad and so on.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 minute ago, Doobeedoo said:

Oh yeah, I know. What I meant to say that new consoles couldn't wait any longer didn't mean it about CP2077 but in general, they needed to release new ones, being how old ones were very bad and so on.

Ah, I see. I got mixed up with the bit about this bit:

47 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

as in to wait for new games for them,

On top of this bit:

and the console hardware hadn’t reached enough players yet (supply issues and scalping) to make for a successful day-1 launch. 

My apologies. :)

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

5 hours ago, Kisai said:

The outcome however is drastically different. Japanese publishers would rather not release broken garbage. They however will release games and merchandise that are designed to appeal to certain demographic of Japan. American customers however tend to not get these things because they don't get localized, which means that they leave money on the table, every time they don't release a game outside Japan. 

Ugh I have been studying Japanese for nearly two years specifically to one day play 龍が如く維新 since Sega has said over and over they're never localizing it for the west. Got good enough at reading to where I can play easy stuff like Pokemon Let's Go in Japanese but still a far cry from 龍が如く. Even if they did localize it no way we wouldn't be missing a lot. Like I sometimes come across Japanese jokes in Persona games for instance that are just thrown away by localization.

Don't forget that Iwiński was actively lying about how well the game ran on last-gen consoles as late as a few weeks before launch. He was one of the leading forces in misrepresenting the state of the game on last-gen consoles, likely because 41% of preorders were on them.

Don't let him get away with that.