My Expectations were SHATTERED!

JonoT
32 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Reviewers are saying its awesome. Only problem is the overpowered rumble motor.

Reveal hidden contents

You're one of the few here that understand! if you check out my news thread, you'd see the current sentiment around these devices is less than stellar.

• 1 year later...
On 1/12/2021 at 7:25 AM, Luscious said:

but you've gotta be a real desperado to buy into a form factor that's now over a decade old and has since flopped

I think I'm one of those people, thank you.

In hindsight, that product already had much controversey since, but even with the slower than Steam Deck hardware and buggy initial drivers, I am more willing to actually buy UMPC devices simply because it's nerdy, I'm nerdy, and I like the convenience of a full Windows PC that I can hold comfortably, much smaller than laptops, from reading PC-exclusive visual novels (yes I'm literally in the rabbit hole of nerdy niches; also I'm aware other modern UMPCs can pretty much do so as well, and the Steam Deck can probably run *some* VNs but your mileage may vary) to having a smaller, more mobile desktop setup than laptops (your mileage may vary, especially with Thunderbolt 4 docks).

Plus, because the Windows drivers for the Deck isn't as good as I thought, and also because it isn't locally available yet (I will not bear the shipping cost of anything too expensive to begin with), I'm probably going to buy into the niche if I can afford it... yet.