Windows alternatives to Apple's Time Machine and Chronosync?

I'm just about done with my conversion from Mac to PC for my business, but I'm having a really hard time finding alternatives to two workflow solutions I've come to rely on that seem to only exist in the Mac environment:

ChronoSync and Time Machine. 

I have Time Machine backup my office Mac every hour, over the network to the Router. It's saved my bacon a few years ago when I spilled a cup of coffee on my computer and bricked the motherboard. All I had to do was grab my backup laptop, and do an over-the-network Time Machine restore, and I was back in business within two hours, with virtually no data loss. Is there a program that can do the same on Windows, or at least do the same to a local hard drive I install in the tower? It does not need to be over a network/accessible over WAN.  

ChronoSync I'm actually real surprised doesn't have a Windows version. it's a staple in my industry, and the gold standard IMO for duplicating/synchronizing drives/folders/files. I've been researching for a while and trying out different programs and cannot find an analog to this program. It's the main thing keeping me tied to Apple at this point.

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

Get a second drive and set up RAID 1. There, ChronoSync replaced. Probably less overhead, too.

As for Time Machine... I'm assuming that it's 'updating' your backup every hour, as opposed to actually storing a fresh backup every hour. If I did that with my YouTube server, I would need somewhere around 4 exobytes of storage capacity within a few days. o.x

There are utilities to back up stuff over a network, but I'm not sure how well they work. If it's really important to you, you could probably write your own script to back up selected or specific directories every hour, or ever half hour, or every 5 minutes, though that seems like overkill.

If nobody here can chime in on what would help, I would actually suggest going over to Reddit and asking. You're more likely to encounter people who have had these specific issues before, and have specific answers for you.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

26 minutes ago, Sarra said:

Get a second drive and set up RAID 1. There, ChronoSync replaced. Probably less overhead, too.

I need something that would synchronize changes to external drives that I share with other people. And considering what I do, a RAID would be beyond overkill. 

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

54 minutes ago, Action_Johnson said:

I need something that would synchronize changes to external drives that I share with other people. And considering what I do, a RAID would be beyond overkill. 

FreeFileSync pops up when I goggle 'ChronoSync alternatives for Windows 10'. There's lots of options available, though you aren't going to get the Apple Experience with them, but who knows, maybe they're superior?

RAID 1 sounds like overkill, but... Why not? I'm doing RAID 5 for a YouTube stock footage vault. I'm going overkill with Pro NAS drives, but hey, in 20 years, I should still have all of my stock video footage...

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv