Unplugging/replugging HDMI cable caused a zoomed in screen

Zhiaaaaaaaaa
Go to solution Solved by Zhiaaaaaaaaa,
1 hour ago, Comexs said:

First check you monitor setting.

Go into Nvidia control panel and change the resolution to what every it's says "(Native)"

If they don't work then try using the motherboard video out to know its not the graphics card or drives or another computer/System.

Thanks! I have an amd card and i found some setting called HDMI Scaling and turned it up a little until it it was back to normal view

Hi so today i unplugged my hdmi cable to check my monitor model number for my brother, when plugged back in the screen is zoomed from the corners and it makes them almost invisible and unable to touch, its like some of my screen is off bounds in the black corners. Check the pictures to see.

what i tried thus far is:

- delete the latest windows update

- uninstall and reinstall gpu drivers

- restarting the pc/ unplug and replug the hdmi cable several times

- i cant do a system recovery as i didnt know its disabled by default... tf

i have an exam in two days and this is not ideal for studying, when i use 720p for my resolution its fixed but its blurry of course so i want to fix it for 1080p and have it return to normal any ideas ?

915FF29B-2CB4-4F54-9189-3A45918EF518.jpeg

B8518D75-9287-435B-AA95-43104C9266DB.jpeg

Go into Nvidia control panel and change the resolution to what every it's says "(Native)"

If they don't work then try using the motherboard video out to know its not the graphics card or drives or another computer/System.

Go to OSD menu in the monitor you should find a option for custom scaling (or something worded similarly) where you can bring back the edges manually 

52 minutes ago, LpoolTech said:

Go to OSD menu in the monitor you should find a option for custom scaling (or something worded similarly) where you can bring back the edges manually 

Couldnt find that anywhere, i recall when i used a ps4 on this monitor the ps4 would have such a setting in but not the monitor

1 hour ago, Comexs said:

Thanks! I have an amd card and i found some setting called HDMI Scaling and turned it up a little until it it was back to normal view

So you found that in the Nvidia Control Panel?