switching to firefox

TheBean

I made a decision to switch to firefox. I was committed but now I don't want to use it. its the smallest QoL thing and its going to kill me. the search bar has suggestions, but no autocomplete. 

eg: if I start typing "ma", in chromium browsers, it automatically fills my box with "mail.google.com" and I just click enter. done. simple. intuitive. 

then here comes firefox: types "ma"... nothing.... I have to either click the gmail result or use the arrow keys to go down first and then enter. 

I usually open lots of websites and have many tabs open. I love the convenience of going to a website in fewer steps. I cannot stand the lack of autocomplete. 

is there any way I can get it back?

I think doing speedruns of games has spoilt me. 

23 minutes ago, The_Vaccine said:

I think doing speedruns of games has spoilt me.

lol no no. I don't want to live without that either, its quite useful.

Well, I dunno.. I'm sick of Chrome and its RAM eating frenzy but still... Firefox need modernisation imo. It feels like the same Firefox 15 years ago to me, so currently using Edge for a while lol. Ugh... 🤢

Or you could customize and clean your taskbar by only integrating the features you use and add these specific site as favorite in your taskbar.

Firefox is your best friend.

Capture LTT.PNG

Using bookmarks for sites you use most frequently is almost better option. Firefox has autocomplete, but since it isn't owned by SEARCH ENGINE company, it only uses your history and bookmarks.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, LWM723 said:

There's a major revamp of Firefox coming out about May 2021.

can't come soon enough. the firefox UI is outdated and I hate it. 

ugh.. might just use brave instead. 

Seems to work just file for me (with Tutanota) like that. Don't all browsers just learn those suggestions based on how much you use the workflow?

I like Firefox UI the way it is, very well designed compared to other browsers, as well as fast and using much less resources and a large availability of extensions.

12 hours ago, The_Vaccine said:

can't come soon enough. the firefox UI is outdated and I hate it. 

ugh.. might just use brave instead. 

What do you mean by "outdated"? As someone who has used Mozilla/Firefox for over 15 years as main browser I don't really like the "modern" style for example Chrome uses. Firefox too has tried and imo failed with such implementation. Which is why I use custom UI settings to keep it looking like it did years and versions ago.

My only annoyance with UI still is that I can't customize everything. There are things showing which are no use to me and I'd rather remove them completely.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv