Velcro or Drill?

I am mounting an XSPC Photon 270 in my 750D and just wondering if it would be safe to velcro it to the area between the GPU and front of the case? Do you know any other good mounting positions? I can drill holes, but the entire system is in there and I am just replacing the reservoir so I want to try and avoid it. Opinions?

Edit: Someone said hot glue and I do have that so...? and the velcro is industrial strength.

Thanks!

Being held vertically right?

If so, I would vote drill...

Velcro works for Radiators (that sit on a floor), SSDs (which don't have any weight).

The Res will get some weight behind it with the water in it...

You might be fine, just make sure to get really nice velcro if you go that route.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Being held vertically right?

If so, I would vote drill...

Velcro works for Radiators (that sit on a floor), SSDs (which don't have any weight).

The Res will get some weight behind it with the water in it...

You might be fine, just make sure to get really nice velcro if you go that route.

Industrial strength? I will be doing it vertically, is there a better place and is it safe to drill when all my stuff is in there?

I velcroed my HDD to my mobo tray lol

Industrial strength? I will be doing it vertically, is there a better place and is it safe to drill when all my stuff is in there?

I velcroed my HDD to my mobo tray lol

Just estimate the weight of the res/water, and check the velcro for its weight tolerance. 

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I'd use the hot glue if it's mounted flat with something else to rest on, not sure how shock proof it is, but I've had good luck. Higher temperature hot glue tends to be a little stronger. Drill would obviously be the most secure option.

Why not double sided tape?

You could probably kill someone and stick them to the ceiling with a roll of the double sided 3M tape. The bond even strengthens after it gets baked in place for a while. 

Error: 410

Why not double sided tape?

You could probably kill someone and stick them to the ceiling with a roll of the double sided 3M tape. The bond even strengthens after it gets baked in place for a while. 

Where do I buy this magical tape?

Do you know how much weight the velcro will hold?

I would say drill but if you get the uber locking velcro stuff that clicks together rather than the cloth then that might work best cause I have doubts the ordinary stuff will hold the weight. If you do use the velcro types option use super glue rather than just the adhesive backing. 

I'm talking about 3m Dual Lock

Internet, or CVS, Walgreens, Walmart etc should carry it.

Idk how much Velcro will hold, but a decent amount of 3m after it's had a few heat cycles will hold a fair bit. 

A lot will depend on how big the res, is, how heavy it is alone, and how much tension the tubing is adding, considering if the tubes will be assisting or weight to hold. 

Error: 410

Internet, or CVS, Walgreens, Walmart etc should carry it.

Idk how much Velcro will hold, but a decent amount of 3m after it's had a few heat cycles will hold a fair bit. 

I might go and get some of that.

I'm doing a test with the velcro right now and it's pretty promising.

Have a look at 3M Dual Lock, its like Velcro but rigidly snaps together.

e6rW1RZl.jpg

Build Log: Monochrome

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H | Graphics Card: Asus HD 7970 DirectCU II | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | PSU: Corsair CXM 600 | Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB,2 Seagate Baracuda 3TB | Case: Corsair 350D Window

3M Double sided tape can hold up to 15 lbs if you get the right stuff.

Hardware stores sell it (around me, that is Home Depot, and Lowes.)

3M Double sided tape can hold up to 15 lbs if you get the right stuff.Hardware stores sell it (around me, that is Home Depot, and Lowes.)
Internet, or CVS, Walgreens, Walmart etc should carry it.Idk how much Velcro will hold, but a decent amount of 3m after it's had a few heat cycles will hold a fair bit. A lot will depend on how big the res, is, how heavy it is alone, and how much tension the tubing is adding, considering if the tubes will be assisting or weight to hold.
Thanks for the help. Im going to get some of the 3M take, but where I wanted to mount it has bumps, and because the reservoir mounts on a bar, there is no way but to remove them. So I'm going to use the tape to mount it at the bottom of my case at the PSU level. I just got a camera on eBay that be with me on Monday. Ill post some pics then because no one has seen my pc with good pictures and I want to use my camera! :)All the ones I showed (in my semi build logs) were with my phone camera that seems like its not even up to manufacturer spec :/

I wouldn't trust velcro to hold something that could kill my pc if it falls...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

I drilled out 2 of the other 3 standoffs to make the hole a little bigger for my 170mm and it worked well, i doubt you would damage anything doing that