TV TV TV

CaptA380

I have a pretty new (1 month old) Samsung 55" TU8000 4K TV. The problem is, I connect the TV with Set-top box (Videocon D2H) via HDMI and an home theatre (Sony HT-S20R 5.1) via HDMI on the ARC port of the TV. But sound of set-top box doesn't come from Home Theatre even when everything is on correct ports (Set top box with HDMI 3 port and Home theatre on HDMI 2 ARC port) and even the TV detects the home theatre as a home theatre and automatically shows the make/model of the home theatre.  
But, if I remove the set-top box HDMI, yup, everything works charm. I can easily stream Netflix, Prime video with 5.1 sound and YouTube all with an awesome sound quality. As soon as I connect back Set-top box again the same, no sound.
All the settings I had-

• Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) enabled on both HT and TV
  • Sound output changed to the HT
  • Audio was set to "Auto" I changed it to "Pass-Through" as it was recommended by a forum, but still both doesn't work
  • All firmwares are up to date (TV, HT, Set-top box)
  • HDMI cables are all good as I checked using multiple devices

And even the HT automatically changed the source to HDMI as it could detect that.

Pls help only getting disappointments from a new TV. 😞 😕 

Get optical cable and connect tv to S20R

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 hour ago, DoctorNick said:

Get optical cable and connect tv to S20R

Yeah, I can but that would cause audio quality loss

2 hours ago, CaptA380 said:

Yeah, I can but that would cause audio quality loss

For your application I don't that is true, since your not playing from a blu-ray, but from at TV box😀

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.