ASUS Mainboard Z370 rog x gaming Layout

Hi guys,

I was refilling my waterloop a couple of days ago. Everything was right so far and no water touched the electronics. When loading my OC profile back in, my pc went off and a sneaky beaky waterdrop, sitting right below the cooler was hopping onto the Mainboard like a killer ninja destroying a psu.

Contacting Asus did result in some: "Go look on ebay... Maybe you´ll find a guy selling some parts from his mainboard! "

Asking for the schematics or a bill of materials just got blocked of.. OK well... I understand that...

I´m working as an PCB-Designer in a small company, so I´m pretty familiar with mainboards n stuff, but I dont´t know what kind of PSU is that, sitting right below the CPU (shown in picture)...

I guess it is some kind of IO-Driver PSU for the PCIe and chipset lanes?

I know, I could just get a new Mainboard on ebay for cheap, but I really put some time into that one, making it the way i want it.

I.e. I cut down the socket to get the delid die guard installed on the 8700k; I have done some mods to the Vcore-PSUs; and I removed all the rgb stuff (don´t blame me! I don´t like rgb flashing around next to me while I´m working, thats all)

What I´m looking for here is to gather some information about the layout of those boards, to get a better understanding of what might be potentially broken right now.

You know... Its always better to know what you want to fix before u try to fix it...

I already ordered a new board to use it as a source for replacement parts.

Kind regards,

Alex

20210104_101928.jpg