Upgraded to FreeNAS 11.3, pool is offline now

TL;DR - How do I get a pool back online? How do I find the device name of my NAS?

Hello,

So over the past couple of months my Plex server became unreachable from people outside of my own network saying Plex  to be upgraded. At the time i had FreeNAS 11.2. So I tried everything I knew (not much lol) and I googled for the answer on trying to update PLEX and the plugin. After trying everything, i discovered that it could be that I am on an older OS and freenas has switched over to truenas (I don't keep up with server tech. I built this thing a couple of years ago and set it up and forgot it.). So I went onto the web interface for my server and decided to upgrade the OS. The only trains available were 11.3 and 12.3 nightly beta. I decided to update to 11.3 in hopes that 12.0 would show up after the update (it did but when I try to switch to that train an error pops up.). So I switched trains to 11.3, which took literally 12 hours to install, so slow. After the install, it now says that my pool is offline. I only have one pool on the system. 

So how do I get it back online? I don't know how to do that. I've tried the command in the shell # zpool online "pool name" "device name" . However there is a slight problem, i don't know the name of my device. The pool name is Datacron. I looked all over the web UI and have only found the host name being Freenas. When i enter those names into the command it says it "cannot open Datacron: no such pool."'

I don't know how to fix this.

Thank you for reading

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

what does zpool import give you , it will list the names of the pool

So i tried to import but it doesn't have anything under the dropdown for pools. I put in the command camcontrol devlist and my four drives are shown there. Went to import, no to decrypt disks, next screen nothing is showing under the pool drop down. Now if i do select yes, decrypt the disks it doesn't show any disks in the dropdown.

10 minutes ago, RobVandal999 said:

So i tried to import but it doesn't have anything under the dropdown for pools. I put in the command camcontrol devlist and my four drives are shown there. Went to import, no to decrypt disks, next screen nothing is showing under the pool drop down. Now if i do select yes, decrypt the disks it doesn't show any disks in the dropdown.

What if you run zpool import in the command line?

8 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What if you run zpool import in the command line?

What are the commands for that?

1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

There should be a option in the web ui for shell, then type zpool import.

Done, does this look correct?

Zpool import.JPG

How do i access my old jails? They aren't showing up under the jails tab. 

Someone recommended I "instead of using the Plex Plugin, use a Jail and manually install Plex this way you get the latest version and you can ensure it remains up to date. Here is a link to do this  https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-plex-in-a-freenas-11-2-jail.19412/

So i created a new Jail for plex but how do i find all of the media files I already had in the pool. Or is there a way to use my previous plex jail (which isn't showing up in the jails tab)?

OG Jails.JPG

Edited by RobVandal999

• 2 weeks later...

I am posting my issues in this thread so anyone that has answers will get the full story of my issues and how much of a n00b at this I am.

So i couldnt get plex set up again, mainly because when I set up the jail I didn't know where to find my files to mount the jail (with my limited knowledge this is what i think was the issue). I deleted the new jail I created after I updated the OS ( I had to make a new jail because my old jails weren't showing up after i went from 11.2 to 11.3 even though they show up in the storage tab) I deleted the new jail because I thought I might have set it up wrong (again, i am a N00b at this whole server thing, i can follow directions but i dont know really what i am doing lol).

So I took some time off of trying to fix my server bc it was just getting frustrating and work was getting busy. Now that I have a week off I wanna get this plex server back up. Anyone know what I am doing wrong or what I need to do? 

Storage.JPG

Pool on the dashboard.JPG

Error mount point.JPG

Also, should I delete those old jails that show up in the storage area but not in the jails tab?

The only files i put on this server is when i would use SMB permissions and i had a movies folder and a tv folder. So how do I find those two folders to re-set up plex? 

So i saw this online and it seems like it should fix my issues but i have no clue how to implement this fix.

" the old 11.2 warden jail system was being replaced in 11.3, as it was no longer maintained. There’s a migration script in /usr/local/sbin/migrate_warden.py specifically for this contingency. Delete the new plex jail, and run the migration script from the GUI shell."

also this reddit post: 

is the GUI shell different from the shell on the web interface?