Ryzen 5 5600x build problems help!

Just recently upgraded from a Ryzen 7 2700x with a msi pro carbon 470 mb to a Ryzen 5 5600x with a ASUS tuf 570 mb g skill 3200 ram 16gb, 1080 zotac amp extreme. I use this computer for gaming and videos.  Upon instillation everything was fine.  Then started blue screening.  Now I cannot open warzone without errors.  Fortnite will crash when it opens and my pc restarts. I was reading up online about errors with warzone. I did all of the steps to try and get rid of the error.  Even uninstalling and re downloading.  Still same errors.  So I read a article about a guy who had the same problem I did and he found his fix.  He downloaded memtest86 and found he had a bad stick of ram.  Took it out and he had no problems since.  I’m currently running the memtest86 on my pc. So far it has found 883 errors and it’s half way through.  Here are some screenshots of the errors.  Does anyone know if these errors point to the cpu being bad or the motherboard? Or could ram be causing this? Any help is much appreciated 

004B9AA4-F3FD-467A-9BCF-D5BEE027BAC6.jpeg

image.jpg

Once it finishes, remove just 1 stick of RAM and run it again.
If you still get errors, swap the sticks and run it again.

If it still finds errors, try some different RAM.
If it still finds errors, it is likely a motherboard or CPU error.

elephants

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

Once it finishes, remove just 1 stick of RAM and run it again.
If you still get errors, swap the sticks and run it again.

If it still finds errors, try some different RAM.
If it still finds errors, it is likely a motherboard or CPU error.

I guess there’s no real way to tell what’s causing it by the errors themselves. Just by running test’s and removing ram? 

Just now, Bowtiekilla said:

I guess there’s no real way to tell what’s causing it by the errors themselves. Just by running test’s and removing ram? 

Yep.

elephants

2 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Yep.

Thank you for the help! I’ll get on to testing this out and update the results

Memory dimm slots don't usually cause errors. If you had a bad dimm slot on your motherboard, the RAM stick will generally not show up the BIOS at all. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

8 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Yep

That's not true at all.

Have you tried running the teat with XMP off?

I had similar issue and found out that XMP was the cause. Try running without XMP and update us. As the individual above said, if RAM stick itself was faulty, it wouldn't show up in BIOS and it is kinda rare to get a bad RAM

So far with one stick of ram out.  There’s no errors after almost 15 minutes of testing.  Could you tell me a little more on the xmp deal? Do I find that in the bios?

35 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

That's not true at all.

I had similar issue and found out that XMP was the cause. Try running without XMP and update us. As the individual above said, if RAM stick itself was faulty, it wouldn't show up in BIOS and it is kinda rare to get a bad RAM

update.  With one stick out I was able to get into the game.  Shut it down and put the other stick back in. Started the game up fine, then crashed. About to test the game with just 1 stick in

1 minute ago, Bowtiekilla said:

update.  With one stick out I was able to get into the game.  Shut it down and put the other stick back in. Started the game up fine, then crashed. About to test the game with just 1 stick in

Crashed with just one stick in 

39 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

That's not true at all.

I didn’t see XMP anywhere on my bios.  I have auto manual and D.O.C.P.

image.jpg

25 minutes ago, Bowtiekilla said:

I didn’t see XMP anywhere on my bios.  I have auto manual and D.O.C.P.

DOCP (Direct Over Clock Profile) is pretty much the same as XMP

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Just now, Analog said:

So disable that?

2 minutes ago, Analog said:

Well I guess the only options is auto manual or docp

23 minutes ago, Analog said:

Both sticks in and running fine it seems! Guess it was overclocking my memory causing problems.  Any recommendations on memory that won’t have this problem? 

40 minutes ago, Bowtiekilla said:

Both sticks in and running fine it seems! Guess it was overclocking my memory causing problems.  Any recommendations on memory that won’t have this problem? 

Check the motherboard's QVL. 

Turn off DOCP because I had issues with my computer bluescreening as well randomly and during games with it on. My i7-7700K before never had issues with the RAM and XMP profiles but apparentlty the current BIOSes aren't stable with XMP profiles. I had to tune the settings manually and set the frequency manually as well on the BIOS for it to work. If I did the XMP profile, I'd also have an unstable computer. What BIOS rev do you have right now? 

I have a Gigabyte motherboard and the same thing is called XMP. 

7 hours ago, Analog said:

Checked and my ram is on the list

DE055825-487D-4BD5-9F32-C1D9473BCB7A.jpeg

7 hours ago, GhostEther said:

Turn off DOCP because I had issues with my computer bluescreening as well randomly and during games with it on. My i7-7700K before never had issues with the RAM and XMP profiles but apparentlty the current BIOSes aren't stable with XMP profiles. I had to tune the settings manually and set the frequency manually as well on the BIOS for it to work. If I did the XMP profile, I'd also have an unstable computer. What BIOS rev do you have right now? 

I have a Gigabyte motherboard and the same thing is called XMP. 

Not sure what revision my bios is. I just installed it yesterday and just purchased it this past week.  Looking at trying to set the timings myself.  I can’t find in the Ryzen ram software for getting the safe values, the 5000 series CPUs. So I’m not sure if I should mess with it or not

7 hours ago, Analog said:

Will need ram help or is it the motherboard the problem? I have no problem returning this one and getting something different lol

Well @Bowtiekilla you're surely hyperactive xD

I don't think the RAM is at fault here. First of all, do you see option to set voltages and speed manually?

I'll recommend you to first try 3000MHz at 1.35V and all other settings [Timings etc] on DOCP. Gigabyte's BIOS allows you to do that.. So can you try?

Update me then.