My cpu is running 60 degrees celsius on idle, an 100 degrees celsius on full load

1 minute ago, GTXstore said:

I have downclocked it to 2.6 Ghz, i do not now how to check that?

Use ThrottleStop to see power consumption and change voltage in software.

2 minutes ago, GTXstore said:

no no, it is not an prebuilt, i have the case from an prebuilt, everything else is custome, i don't hink hp is using msi gaming motherboard, and msi gaming gtx 960?

ah I'm sorry for misunderstanding then, well I've got yoy a solution already posted hopefully it will help or not

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

Just now, GTXstore said:

core voltage at idle is 1.480 v

Bingo, the CPU is being over-volted. Go to your BIOS and change the voltage to 1.0V and check temps again. Also be sure to reset clocks to stock.

Just now, Pooky said:

Bingo, the CPU is being over-volted. Go to your BIOS and change the voltage to 1.0V and check temps again. Also be sure to reset clocks to stock.

ok!!

5 minutes ago, GTXstore said:

I see I see, yeah this could be a good try, but It's just what I would try tbh, I would go with the cheapest way which is actually getting 1 gram of Thermal Grizzly kryonaut for around 10 in Euros and see if that makes a difference or not in the way the heat is being dissipated, then try an aftermarket cooler if it didn't work, If I'm being honest that's probably the last debugging step before I give up and get an actual case and stuff...

Edit: oh so that was the problem, overvoltage, nice job tho friend!

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

13 minutes ago, Pooky said:

I got it down to 1.2 volt? 

Just now, GTXstore said:

Idel ttemp is down to 30-40 degrees

Ok, also set the volts to 1.0, not 1.2

My PC

2 minutes ago, GTXstore said:

Thank you!! I stops at 50 degrees in scrap mechanic!! 

Just now, GTXstore said:

Thank you!! I stops at 50 degrees in scrap mechanic!! 

Glad to help, and glad to see that your temps are much better.

6 minutes ago, GTXstore said:

I got it down to 1.2 volt? 

That should be good enough, although I am somewhat surprised that it won't go lower. In any case, as long as your system is stable and temps are fine, don't worry about it.

Cheers :)

The maximum operating temperature of the Intel® Core™ i5-750 Processor is 72.7 degrees Celsius. As long as the processor is operating under this temperature it is operating within specifications."

So the real questions are, how is the cpu not shutting down at " 100"C and why are you using stock cooler on a cpu that's known to run a little too hot for the stock cooler, in a badly ventilated case no less? 

Of course it would be interesting to know why it's "over volted" also... 

But, I just don't understand why it's not shutting down lol, the cpu should be toast by now, at 100C...

Are you sure it's a i5 750? 

6 minutes ago, GTXstore said:

well I'm glad it's fixed, still it should have shut down above ~73C, odd. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

So the real questions are, how is the cpu not shutting down at " 100"C and why are you using stock cooler on a cpu that's known to run a little too hot for the stock cooler, in a badly ventilated case no less? 

But, I just don't understand why it's not shutting down lol, the cpu should be toast by now, at 100C...

72.7 might not be the TJunction of the cpu, that must be the temperature it will start to throttle

But we got it fixed so is it really something we should worry about now?

My PC

2 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

72.7 might not be the TJunction of the cpu, that must be the temperature it will start to throttle

Correct, 72.7C is Tcase, not TjMax. ARK does not specify the latter, but I would guess that it is 100C.

2 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

well I'm glad it's fixed, still it should have shut down above ~73C, odd. 

yes, my old i5 650 could overclock the ass out of it, 4.12 ghz, that could be the reason why the cpu voltage was that high. Also the i5 650 did not get hotter than 65degrees on 4.12 ghz

Just now, Pooky said:

Correct, 72.7C is Tcase, not TjMax.

Just now, GTXstore said:

yes, my old i5 650 could overclock the ass out of it, 4.12 ghz, that could be the reason why the cpu voltage was that high. Also the i5 650 did not get hotter than 65degrees on 4.12 ghz

hmm, I see, yeah that'd explain the high voltage then. Anyway glad it's fixed, seemingly! 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

hmm, I see, yeah that'd explain the high voltage then. Anyway glad it's fixed, seemingly! 

yes, thanks for all help!!