PC won't startup after changing RAM

ElectroBrocoli

Hi, I was changing my RAM, from 2GB DDR3 to 4GB DDR3, after i change my RAM my PC won't booted up, but after i change it back to the old RAM and clearing the CMOS it booted up. What can i do now ? (old ram : samsung 2GB DDR3 1280MHz, neew RAM : v-gen 4GB DDR3 1280MHz)

3 minutes ago, ElectroBrocoli said:

Hi, I was changing my RAM, from 2GB DDR3 to 4GB DDR3, after i change my RAM my PC won't booted up, but after i change it back to the old RAM and clearing the CMOS it booted up. What can i do now ? (old ram : samsung 2GB DDR3 1280MHz, neew RAM : v-gen 4GB DDR3 1280MHz)

BRO SAME HAPPENED TO ME. what i did was restart my cmos. 

wait i should have read the whole thing lol - my prob was I didnt have the sticks in the right dual channel slots and then i turned xmp on and it worked

3 minutes ago, YesimethanYT said:

wait i should have read the whole thing lol - my prob was I didnt have the sticks in the right dual channel slots and then i turned xmp on and it worked

the problem is...., i use normal bios and not UEFI and also my RAM slot is single channel

Just now, ElectroBrocoli said:

the problem is...., i use normal bios and not UEFI and also my RAM slot is single channel

well this isnt my lane... people on here are smart you will be up and running in no time.

Just now, YesimethanYT said:

well this isnt my lane... people on here are smart you will be up and running in no time.

uh okay

What CPU? If it's core 2 series then they're a bit finicky when it comes to ddr3 from my experience

Did you reset CMOS with new RAM config? I read that you reset CMOS after reverting, not after the change

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, Moonzy said:

What CPU? If it's core 2 series then they're a bit finicky when it comes to ddr3 from my experience

Did you reset CMOS with new RAM config? I read that you reset CMOS after reverting, not after the change

ah yes i forget that one, lemme try it

45 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

uh i ended up with both config didn't working, and now it won't display any POST

Just now, ElectroBrocoli said:

uh i ended up with both config didn't working, and now it won't display any POST

It can be a bit finicky, and give it like 1 minute for each test because it may require memory training when you change RAM

31 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

It can be a bit finicky, and give it like 1 minute for each test because it may require memory training when you change RAM

okay, I'll let it overnight unpowered

1 minute ago, ElectroBrocoli said:

okay, I'll let it overnight unpowered

Hmm that may help but it's unlikely

You likely have to finesse it, try replugging it and maybe clean the slots (carefully)

1 hour ago, Moonzy said:

Hmm that may help but it's unlikely

You likely have to finesse it, try replugging it and maybe clean the slots (carefully)

okay, i'll let the CMOS take care of it, and the slots probably are clean, since i clean it when i change the RAM sticks