"gaming" pc that has to run 24/7

Hello everybody!

I have to build myself a new pc, it will be used to do some small gaming (1080p monitor) and it has to be online 24/7 as my personal FTP/streaming server.

My budget is about 500 euro (or ~650 US dollar).

I picked this parts: ClickyClick

I have my SSD (Corsair Force GT), monitor (24" 1080p), keyboard and mouse from my previous build.

I really don't care about FPS, frame times, benchmarks, ... I just want to play my games on whatever settings and don't have to buy a new gpu every year. (my previous one was a HD6670 that is now in my parents' computer)

Please advice where I can save a few extra bucks, or how I can get better parts for this amount of money.

I live in Belgium, so I will be picking up my parts in a local shop (Alternate), prices are about the same but no cool stuff like rebates.

Thank you!

Edit: Will I have benefit from the 1866 Mhz ram, or will 1600 be about the same?

Proud to be from Belgium.

looks ok to me

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Looks good, although consider getting an FX 6300 if it saves you enough to get a decent CPU cooler.

Looks fine. Few things I would change though,

If it's on all the time and your're just going to leave the computer as-is once it's built, I would get a smaller form factor, like m-atx and a more conservative case that is marketed as being quite, like a Fractal Define Mini.

If you're going to store movies etc on it you would probably want more 1tb (my friend has 500gb of dragonball z lol).

Also a NIC card for faster transfers would be a good idea.

an 80+ Platinum Certified power supply would probably save you a whole lot of money in the long run too.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Looks fine. Few things I would change though,

If it's on all the time and your're just going to leave the computer as-is once it's built, I would get a smaller form factor, like m-atx and a more conservative case that is marketed as being quite, like a Fractal Define Mini.

If you're going to store movies etc on it you would probably want more 1tb (my friend has 500gb of dragonball z lol).

Also a NIC card for faster transfers would be a good idea.

an 80+ Platinum Certified power supply would probably save you a whole lot of money in the long run too.

I understand what you are telling.

Quietness (don't know if this is a real word) doesn't really matter to me, the pc will be in my "chillout" room.

The streaming I am doing is just music, my movies and other media are on my parents' pc (about 1.5 TB of disc space left, so I will be good for the moment)

Can you recommend an m-atx AM3+ motherboard?

Thanks for your feedback!

Proud to be from Belgium.