Severe FPS drops in Warzone on new high end rig

adb1028

Just built a new high end rig and I am getting some serious and very frequent FPS drops while playing warzone and its making the game almost completely unplayable. I'll be getting steady 120-150fps and then it will drop to about 30fps for a split second, multiple times a round. This is super annoying and I really would like some help fixing this!!

CPU Temp: 56c

GPU Temp: 60c

R5 5600x

Aorus B550m Pro-P (latest bios)

oLoy Warhawk 3600 C18 (32gb 4x8) XMP DISABLED DUE TO INSTABILITY ISSUES

MSI Ventus 3080 OC (latest driver)

850w Gold Cooler Master PSU

Thanks in advance! 

Getting similar issues, and based on the amount of people reporting this since the Season 1/BOCW launch, i believe this to be an issue with the game itself.

I used to run the game on an RX580 and 2600x and it was working fine before the update, getting 120+ fps in game, but since update, dropped to below 90-100. I upgraded to a 3060 and did not see any improvements, still hovering around 100-110 in warzone. I should mention, i get solid 144+ in multiplayer Modern Warfare.

Now it is totally possible that my 2600x is bottlenecking (im not sure how to determine this, just basing this on other threads), but the problem remains that prior to the update, it was fine with the RX580 and 2600x, just since update its been less than desirable.

Hopefully a fix comes soon.

• 1 month later...

Some reported that Firefox being opened messes with the VRAM, try closing it if it's open. I, however, only ever have warzone open and I have been experiencing huge drops. My temps are perfect and I used to get 160fps consistently.  Now I'm lucky if I get 100fps. I have a 2080 super, 32gb ram, i7 10700k, 1440p 165hz monitor. When my fps drop, sometimes I'm able to fix it for 1 or two games by restarting or rebooting, but then it goes right back down for the next game. This is so frustrating. My 2 brothers have the same exact setup as me and they get 160fps consistently. I have no idea what's going on.

So far I have tried:

1. unistall/reinstall

2. reverting to the last Nvidia game ready driver that worked

3. setting warzone as a priority in task manager

4. dropping my graphics down super low in game

5. turning off g-sync

6.going into bios and making my ram go to 3600

7. scan/repair WARZONE

8.I'm sure there's something else I've done but can't think of.

If anyone knows of a solution, let me know. It's crazy my $3k computer setup is doing this. smh