Whats the issue with my build?

Hi there,

I recently upgraded my PC to the following components;

AMD Ryzen 3 1200

GTX 1650

ASRock A320m-HDV MB

2x 8gb Crucial Memory

Now I have been having trouble installing the Ryzen Master software (it not having any of it), but I have noticed that (even though the CPU and GPU are an upgrade on my previous the GeForce Experience app tells recommends that I lower the quality of my games settings from what I used to play on. I am also having trouble with being able to stream as well as play a game at the same time now.

During streaming I have had issue with the hardware encoder, it wouldnt start streaming due to an "error". And a couple times while testing it shut the stream down, and when it did work it was making the stream stutter.

My current tech guy just thinks its a setting somwhere on the system but after going through the BIOS , which is limited due to the MB, and trying to check drivers etc I cant think of anything else without it being hardware.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, XiiRadovicV said:

hardware encoder

If you mean the NVENC, I believe it is only available from the 1650 Super and higher. You aren't able to use the Ryzen Master software because your motherboard needs to support overclocking, something the A320 chipset doesn't allow.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

1 minute ago, tishous said:

If you mean the NVENC, I believe it is only available from the 1650 Super and higher. You aren't able to use the Ryzen Master software because your motherboard needs to support overclocking, something the A320 chipset doesn't allow.

the 1650 has nvenc, but it is an older version of it than the one the 1650 super and higher have, it should be around the same quality as the 10 series of GPUs

1 minute ago, somer4ndo said:

the 1650 has nvenc, but it is an older version of it than the one the 1650 super and higher have, it should be around the same quality as the 10 series of GPUs

Oh yeah, forgot the 10 series had it as well. 

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

What were the specs of your previous PC? Did you also get a new display with this new one? What nvidia recommends isn't necessarily whats most comfortable for you, maybe they are aiming for 1440p 144fps, while you'd be comfortable playing 1080p 30fps.

58 minutes ago, somer4ndo said:

What were the specs of your previous PC? Did you also get a new display with this new one? What nvidia recommends isn't necessarily whats most comfortable for you, maybe they are aiming for 1440p 144fps, while you'd be comfortable playing 1080p 30fps.

I play 1080p and aim to play between 30-60 FPS. 

My previous :

i5 3750k (overclocked to 4.0ghz)

GTX 1050ti

1 hour ago, tishous said:

Oh see I have read that with the AMD CPUs you can overclock with software if the MB doesn't do it. 

1 minute ago, XiiRadovicV said:

Oh see I have read that with the AMD CPUs you can overclock with software if the MB doesn't do it. 

I didn't have the issue with the 1050ti I previously used, the NVENC (hardware encoder) worked fine with OBS. 

3 hours ago, XiiRadovicV said:

I play 1080p and aim to play between 30-60 FPS. 

My previous :

i5 3750k (overclocked to 4.0ghz)

GTX 1050ti

I just searched a little, and that's not an upgrade, according to UserBenchmark, the i5 3570k is faster than the ryzen 3 1200 even without taking into account your overclock...

6 hours ago, somer4ndo said:

I just searched a little, and that's not an upgrade, according to UserBenchmark, the i5 3570k is faster than the ryzen 3 1200 even without taking into account your overclock...

See the site I use says that the Ryzen 3 is nearly 50% stronger than the i5.

Screenshot_20201228_080905_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201228_080947_com.android.chrome.jpg

im sorry to say but you didnt really upgrade. yea the 1200 got a few higher scores but no one is on top.

you would have been better off with spending a little more and get a 2300x to 2600x...or even a 3100 to a 3600 all are under 200 dollars

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to comment to say thankyou for the help from the community. 

I forgot I actually posted about this, but I thought I would give a very late update. 

Turns out my computer guy had so many orders (he is one man and had over 200 builds to do in December in time for Christmas) he mixed up my CPU with another. So I ended with him taking it back and sorting that and giving me an OC version of my graphics card.