Type C Adapter for Motherboard

adamc03

I have just bought the NZXT 510 case and i have the Asrock b450 steel legend motherboard, i just notice i don't have anywhere to put the type c font connection on my motherboard and i only have one usb 3 connections on my motherboard.

I have seen this adapter but it would mean i still would only be able to use one usb port on the front - LINKUP - USB 3.0 Internal IDC 20 Pin Motherboard: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

So i was thinking if i bought this and this would it work if i bought both of these? 

LINKUP - USB 3.0 Internal IDC 20 Pin Motherboard: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

LINKUP - USB 2.0 Female to USB 3.0 Male 20 Pin IDC: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

5 minutes ago, adamc03 said:

I have just bought the NZXT 510 case and i have the Asrock b450 steel legend motherboard, i just notice i don't have anywhere to put the type c font connection on my motherboard and i only have one usb 3 connections on my motherboard.

I have seen this adapter but it would mean i still would only be able to use one usb port on the front - LINKUP - USB 3.0 Internal IDC 20 Pin Motherboard: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

So i was thinking if i bought this and this would it work if i bought both of these? 

LINKUP - USB 3.0 Internal IDC 20 Pin Motherboard: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

LINKUP - USB 2.0 Female to USB 3.0 Male 20 Pin IDC: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I've used the second one on older motherboard with a newer case. It does work but of course the USB 3 ports will be USB 2.0 speed only. As for the USB 3.0 to USB Type-C converter, you will only get the one port out of it and only at USB 3.0 speeds as well (should be plenty fast though). If you have PCI-e slots free, you could get a host adapter card with internal headers as well.