Best Speakers from Amazon for $50 or Less?

SheevaBlaster

So I got a $50 gift card for Amazon for Christmas and I think I want to use it to finally get some speakers for my computer as I’ve been switching to the built in speakers on my second monitor when I’m just watching videos or twitch or something. (My second monitor is a Acer H213H, I know old af but gets the job done).

Can anyone recommend me a solid speaker solution that will definitely be an upgrade from using my second monitor’s built in speakers? Will it definitely be worth the $50? I know I want to use the gift card on something to upgrade my pc set up, I just don’t know what. 

Any input would be much appreciated!

16 minutes ago, SheevaBlaster said:

Any input would be much appreciated!

Logitech Z313 are pretty good, in my experience. It's a 2.1 system, and the sub makes a noticeable difference when compared side-by-side with the Z200 I had before them. A big downside, though, is the little volume/power control "puck" does not control headphone volume, even though it has a headphone jack. So, if you have your PC volume at 100, and your speakers at 15-20%, and then go to plug in headphones, your ears will get the full blast audio. Luckily my keyboard has a main volume roller.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

https://www.amazon.com/Creative-USB-Powered-Down-Firing-Subwoofer-Far-Field/dp/B07NWLWM9B/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=creative+pebble+plus&pd_rd_r=5ecd21f7-fcca-4b34-be04-e9f782dfdbe1&pd_rd_w=xwGvw&pd_rd_wg=zVvaO&pf_rd_p=0ec05f25-9534-48fe-9c3e-40b89957230e&pf_rd_r=YFF260Y67WHW8R9BSWRA&qid=1609028433&sr=8-1

these are some of the better solutions out there at this price range my perosnal gripe with them though is they dont get super loud.  or at least not as loud when I want to get it if I just wanna bop. the logitechs are probably a better option if you want loud but the pebbles just sound cleaner and more crisp especially the mids which is honestly the most  impressive part about it

Awesome. Thank you guys so much for the input, that was actually extremely helpful.

As for the Logitech Z313s, they do look compelling as they are coming from a big name company, my only thing is it seems that they wont ship for a week or two off of amazon and i’m slightly impatient if i’m being honest haha.

Thus, the creative pebble plus did grab my attention as they could be shipped to me in two days. my only concern is the quality as i’m unsure of how reputable of a source they are coming from since i’ve never heard of the company. Nonetheless, you both have been extremely informative and I appreciate your advice!

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

https://www.amazon.com/Creative-USB-Powered-Down-Firing-Subwoofer-Far-Field/dp/B07NWLWM9B/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=creative+pebble+plus&pd_rd_r=5ecd21f7-fcca-4b34-be04-e9f782dfdbe1&pd_rd_w=xwGvw&pd_rd_wg=zVvaO&pf_rd_p=0ec05f25-9534-48fe-9c3e-40b89957230e&pf_rd_r=YFF260Y67WHW8R9BSWRA&qid=1609028433&sr=8-1

these are some of the better solutions out there at this price range my perosnal gripe with them though is they dont get super loud.  or at least not as loud when I want to get it if I just wanna bop. the logitechs are probably a better option if you want loud but the pebbles just sound cleaner and more crisp especially the mids which is honestly the most  impressive part about it

do you think the creative pebble plus solution would be significantly better than using the built in audio on my second monitor? as mentioned, i’m using an Acer H213H which is like a 10 year old monitor. I know people say built in speakers on monitors typically aren’t that good, but i mean I don’t think these are teeeeerrible. Although, I would like an audio solution that went just a bit louder than these built in speakers and with a little more clarity 

6 minutes ago, SheevaBlaster said:

do you think the creative pebble plus solution would be significantly better than using the built in audio on my second monitor? as mentioned, i’m using an Acer H213H which is like a 10 year old monitor. I know people say built in speakers on monitors typically aren’t that good, but i mean I don’t think these are teeeeerrible. Although, I would like an audio solution that went just a bit louder than these built in speakers and with a little more clarity 

It should be much better . I have yet to hear a monitor with decent audio u like tvs of the past