PC37x or Corsair Virtuoso SE

SheevaBlaster

Hey everyone. So long story short, I was planning on getting Sennhesier x Drop’s PC38x gaming headsets for Christmas but found out that I would have to wait until mid February to be able to get them because of the high demand. So I was planning on just settling with the PC37x since it seems like most people say the difference between the two is only really noticeable when it comes to music, which i dont really care about since i’m mostly interested in having clean and precise gaming audio for FPSs.

Now my friend is trying to convince me to look into the Corsair Virtuoso SE that’s on sale at Best Buy for around $165. I seem to be finding a lot of mixed reviews on these though despite my friend’s testaments that this headset is phenomenal. I’m kind of up in the air about wireless, i use to have wireless turtle beaches during my xbox days and from what i remember i absolutely loved them. what appeals to me with the virtuoso’s is that they can be used both as wired and wireless gaming headsets very easily. Plus I also like having software that I can play around with the EQ and what not despite not being an audiophile and not understanding what half of the stiff does.

Just to clarify, whatever I get I will be plugging them into my motherboard’s audio ports as I do not have a Dacamp or anything like that in my budget right now (Possibly want to get one a few months from now? Idk maybe). If it helps, I have a z390 Aorus Pro Wifi motherboard.

***TL/DR*** I’m looking for the best audio solution specifically for gaming (Games like Escape from Tarkov, Valorant, CSGO, Squad) that will cost less than $180. I know, people say “there’s no such thing as a ‘good’ gaming headset” but it’s what i’m use to and it’s the most convenient. I don’t think I really have room for a standalone mic on my desk nor do I really like that aesthetic as I’m more of just a casual competitive gamer who does not stream. I did look into mod mics and other solutions like that but idk how I felt about them.

Any input you guys have would be much appreciated. Thank you!

15 minutes ago, SheevaBlaster said:

I should also mention that I do have a $50 dollar gift card for Amazon that could be factored into the solution as well! 

1 hour ago, SheevaBlaster said:

Hey everyone. So long story short, I was planning on getting Sennhesier x Drop’s PC38x gaming headsets for Christmas but found out that I would have to wait until mid February to be able to get them because of the high demand. So I was planning on just settling with the PC37x since it seems like most people say the difference between the two is only really noticeable when it comes to music, which i dont really care about since i’m mostly interested in having clean and precise gaming audio for FPSs.

Now my friend is trying to convince me to look into the Corsair Virtuoso SE that’s on sale at Best Buy for around $165. I seem to be finding a lot of mixed reviews on these though despite my friend’s testaments that this headset is phenomenal. I’m kind of up in the air about wireless, i use to have wireless turtle beaches during my xbox days and from what i remember i absolutely loved them. what appeals to me with the virtuoso’s is that they can be used both as wired and wireless gaming headsets very easily. Plus I also like having software that I can play around with the EQ and what not despite not being an audiophile and not understanding what half of the stiff does.

Just to clarify, whatever I get I will be plugging them into my motherboard’s audio ports as I do not have a Dacamp or anything like that in my budget right now (Possibly want to get one a few months from now? Idk maybe). If it helps, I have a z390 Aorus Pro Wifi motherboard.

***TL/DR*** I’m looking for the best audio solution specifically for gaming (Games like Escape from Tarkov, Valorant, CSGO, Squad) that will cost less than $180. I know, people say “there’s no such thing as a ‘good’ gaming headset” but it’s what i’m use to and it’s the most convenient. I don’t think I really have room for a standalone mic on my desk nor do I really like that aesthetic as I’m more of just a casual competitive gamer who does not stream. I did look into mod mics and other solutions like that but idk how I felt about them.

Any input you guys have would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Eerm. The PC37x of course.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

I would save money and get the pc 37x. You can also get them on Amazon so you could use your gift card. And I see some good deals on used ones from Amazon warehouse

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

12 hours ago, weez said:

I would save money and get the pc 37x. You can also get them on Amazon so you could use your gift card. And I see some good deals on used ones from Amazon warehouse

awesome, thank you so much for the input! I’m going with my gut feeling as I placed my order in for the pc37x last night. I’ve just watched too many reviews over the past two months of people claiming that the pc37x and pc38x are the best gaming headsets you could possibly get with limited complaints. Although it seems that wireless headsets have made significant strives over the past decade, i still dont trust them entirely and i feel like theres inevitably going to be some tradeoff. 

As for the gift card, I ended up using it on the Creative pebble plus 2.1 speaker and subwoofer combo as I wanted some desktop speakers considering I would just play the volume from my 10 year old second monitor when I wasn’t gaming. This obviously wasn’t cutting it for me. But I really appreciate your input and for making feel even more confident than I already was with the pc37x!

12 hours ago, rice guru said:

If clean and precise is what you want the pc37x is definitely the better of the 2

Mhhhhm. That definitely was my gut feeling based on the abundance of reviews I’ve watched on the pc37x/pc38x. I think the virtuosos are really elegant looking headsets and I guess it’s a plus being able to switch from wireless to wired, but I feel like there’s inevitably going to be some type of tradeoff with them particularly in the performance department which is my highest priority.

Thank you so much for helping me feel even more confidant than I already was with the pc37x!