Corsair H100i Platinum AIO temperature spikes

Knecko
Go to solution Solved by Applefreak,
21 minutes ago, Knecko said:

I have the Corsair icue 4000x RGB

Small temp spikes are not uncommon. Your case has a big sheet of glass in front of the radiator, limiting airflow. You can try mounting the radiator up top instead and see if it changes anything. If you do not have fans exhausting there, you should add at least one. Also make sure the pump is running full speed. I would generally expect lower temps while idling unless your room temperature is closer to 30C in which case those temps are expected.

I am fairly new to pc building and I just build my first setup. Im getting these temperature spikes with my Corsair H100i Platinum and my Ryzen 7 3700X. It idles at 35-55 degrees Celsium and I think thats a big difference. I now wanted to

ask if this is normal. And if not, how can I fix this?Note: I mounted the radiator at the front as an intake with the tubes at the bottom.

Here is what I mean:

temp.thumb.png.8c691679f504a44b7c3d71260913acf1.png

12 minutes ago, Knecko said:

I am fairly new to pc building and I just build my first setup. Im getting these temperature spikes with my Corsair H100i Platinum and my Ryzen 7 3700X. It idles at 35-55 degrees Celsium and I think thats a big difference. I now wanted to

ask if this is normal. And if not, how can I fix this?Note: I mounted the radiator at the front as an intake with the tubes at the bottom.

Here is what I mean:

temp.thumb.png.8c691679f504a44b7c3d71260913acf1.png

What case do you have?

23 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

What case do you have?

21 minutes ago, Knecko said:

Small temp spikes are not uncommon. Your case has a big sheet of glass in front of the radiator, limiting airflow. You can try mounting the radiator up top instead and see if it changes anything. If you do not have fans exhausting there, you should add at least one. Also make sure the pump is running full speed. I would generally expect lower temps while idling unless your room temperature is closer to 30C in which case those temps are expected.

10 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Okay, I will try different radiator and exhaust fan setups. Thanks for your help!