Micro-Stuttering in Genshin Impact and AC: Valhalla

BBJMS
Hi,
I'm trying to wrap my head around what's causing these micro-stutters in my game. I can't exactly figure out what may be causing it but I have tried my best, with my limited knowledge, to isolate the cause to no avail.

I don't encounter these problems when playing FPS games such as Apex Legends and R6: Siege, however, I did notice similar stutters in other open world games such as AC: Valhalla and The Witcher 3.

R6 Benchmark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T7BQwOMK9s
R6 Benchmark Stats: Attached File

PC Specs:
CPU: i7 10700k
GPU: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 3080
Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus z490 Elite AC
Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C16 2x16GB
SSD: Samsung Evo 870 1TB (Game Install Drive)
SSD2: Kingston UV400 240GB (Unplugged as recommended)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB
PSU: Gigabyte P850GM (80 Plus Gold, 850W)

Note: This is a newly built PC and the only things that I kept from my old one are the Kingston UV400 SSD and Seagate HDD. (I had the same problems with the old PC as well.)

Also, my brother has an identical PC and based on what he has told me, he is not experiencing any micro-stutters in Genshin Impact.

Things that I have done thus far:
*Conduct a clean install of Windows 10, SSD was reformatted for this.
*Clean install of the NVidia Drivers
*Windows Updates are.. up to date
*No anti-virus programs running
*XMP Profile 1 activated (which is weird that Userbenchmark flagged it as a concern)
*Ran the game on both SSDs, but still get the microstutter.
*Ensured that the RAM was slotted as per MOBO manual
*No overclocks set
*Mobo BIOS updated
*Activated Windows' Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling and have placed the games on High Performance Mode
*Power option is set at High Performance
*NVidia settings have also been set at Prefer Maximum Performance
*Followed a guide that recommended I change the BCEDIT Timer Settings to the ff:
bcdedit /set useplatformclock no
bcdedit /set useplatformtick yes
bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

Any help would be much appreciated as I cannot even begin to imagine where to start given all this.
Thank you for your time.

R6 benchmark.png

Kingston SSD's are generally not very good and can cause issues, try to remove it. 

2 minutes ago, BBJMS said:

the only thing that I kept from my old one is the Kingston UV400 SSD. I had the same problems with the old PC as well.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

27 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Kingston SSD's are generally not very good and can cause issues, try to remove it. 

Hi, 

Just unplugged the Kingston SSD as you recommended and launched Genshin once again to try, however the microstutters still persist. 

Also, I failed to mention in the post that the HDD I have was also part of the old PC. I am unsure if that will be a factor with the issue. 

From what i can see the HDD came from the old computer which was also giving you those problems. Why wont you try to install those games on the SSD and see if it happens? For me it seems that the problem comes from the HDD.

4 minutes ago, Sebarobbie said:

From what i can see the HDD came from the old computer which was also giving you those problems. Why wont you try to install those games on the SSD and see if it happens? For me it seems that the problem comes from the HDD.

My apologies, I should have indicated that all three games are installed on the Samsung Evo SSD. 

Will make the necessary edits to reflect this. 

1 minute ago, BBJMS said:

My apologies, I should have clarified that all three games are installed on the Samsung Evo SSD. 

Will make the necessary edits to reflect this. 

You can also try deactivating "Windows' Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling " and try to see if it makes any difference.

7 minutes ago, Sebarobbie said:

You can also try deactivating "Windows' Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling " and try to see if it makes any difference.

Did your recommendation just now and rebooted the PC as per instructions however the stutters became far more pronounced for some reason. 

Link to test: 

Also for transparency, I've been reading up on this particular issue with Genshin Impact and it seems that I am not the only one experiencing these.

However, anecdotally speaking, I notice that this issue persists in open world games such as AC Valhalla and The Witcher 3. 

What also confuses me is that I did not notice these microstutter issues with Cyberpunk 2077 given how buggy that game is.

I realize that there's a specific board for PC Gaming issues and I feel that I may have made a mistake by posting here and will be transferring my thread there.

Thank you for the recommendations thus far.

From what i know , open world games are much CPU dependant. Im not saying that you should change something or that something is damaged but from what i can see you have tried many things that should fix this issue. Although you can try more things such as seeing which applications are running while you are playing and what is consuming CPU, GPU , etc. If not this is more of a hardware thing now. Have you seen the temperatures while playing? 

You can also try disabling dumb windows features such as Xbox game bar and any type of recording features.

- Try updating your BIOS

- Download latest chipset drivers available for your CPU in your motherboards website.

- Enable Ultimate Performance power plan

- Try resetting your BIOS.

- Try changing your RAM mhz in the BIOS. You can try playing on the stock RAM settings (2133mhz)? and see if it fixes something.

There is still many things that you can try.

1 hour ago, Sebarobbie said:

From what i know , open world games are much CPU dependant. Im not saying that you should change something or that something is damaged but from what i can see you have tried many things that should fix this issue. Although you can try more things such as seeing which applications are running while you are playing and what is consuming CPU, GPU , etc. If not this is more of a hardware thing now. Have you seen the temperatures while playing? 

You can also try disabling dumb windows features such as Xbox game bar and any type of recording features.

- Try updating your BIOS

- Download latest chipset drivers available for your CPU in your motherboards website.

- Enable Ultimate Performance power plan

- Try resetting your BIOS.

- Try changing your RAM mhz in the BIOS. You can try playing on the stock RAM settings (2133mhz)? and see if it fixes something.

There is still many things that you can try.

Yep, that's what I'm thinking too about open worlds being CPU intensive and I honestly thought that it was a hardware issue which is why I opted to do test the CPU's health. 

I've included the Intel Diagnostics result for the CPU health and it seems it's doing alright. 

• CPU/GPU temps are well within acceptable parameters based on previous testing.
  • CPU/GPU usage during gaming is used mainly be the game running; Discord is the only background app.
  • Discord's hardware acceleration option has been disabled since it does use more CPU power.
  • BIOS has been updated to its latest available version.
  • Did an intel diagnostics test on the CPU health and based on the results, the CPU passed.
  • Xbox Game bar and the DVR has been disabled as well
  • Brought the rig to a service center before and they gave the rig a greenlight for its components after doing a burn-in test.

I'll look into your recommendations re resetting BIOS, RAM clock-speed and Ultimate Performance power plan.

CPU Diagnostic.PNG