No POST after new Z390 Pro installed. Boot loops as well

Hi all, first off I appreciate anyone taking the time to take a look at this. 

specs:

Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi

I7-6700k

2x 8gb Hyperx Fury DDR4

3TB HDD

250gb SSD (boot drive)

Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm)

RTX 2070 Super founders edition

So, for Christmas I recently got a new

Z390 as my old gigabyte mobo had some bad RAM slots. I should note that the ONLY change to my system was this motherboard swap. Now im

Not getting POST and it’s stuck in a boot loop :(. 

Some more details:

•upon first switching on my PSU, the lights on the motherboard flicker on quickly before immediately turning back off. Not sure if this is important but it seems really odd to Me and maybe an indicator for anyone who might know what’s wrong? 
•Every fan speeds up, including water cooler (I can hear pump as well) before the next boot loop begins. 
•On this motherboard, there are a few LED indicators in one of the corners, labeled VGA, CPU, BOOT, and DRAM. The DRAM light is the first that turns on when I press the power button, and remains on for 5-10 seconds before turning off. When it turns off, the VGA light immediately turns on and about half a second later the PC powers down, starting the next loop. 
•The GPU is installed in the 16x PCIE slot. I could move it to the 8x for testing but I’m worried what that will imply if it works. 

So far I’ve:

•Double checked wiring connections

•Tried to boot with single RAM stick (in slot one) 

•Made sure RAM sticks were in the appropriate slots for dual channel 

•Removed battery for 60 seconds and placed back in

once again I appreciate any and all help! 

Z390 (and other 300 series chipsets) boards are not compatible with Skylake (6th gen) and Kaby Lake (7th gen) CPUs, because of some minor differences in the socket, despite having the same amount of pins.

A BIOS mod could potentially make your 6700K work with your Z390 board, but if you're asking me, it's too much work for something that's not even guaranteed to work, let alone give you a flawless experience.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

3 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Z390 (and Z370) boards are not compatible with Skylake (6th gen) and Kaby Lake (7th gen) CPUs, because of some minor differences in the socket, despite having the same amount of pins.

A BIOS mod could potentially make your 6700K work with your Z390 board, but if you're asking me, it's too much work for something that's not even guaranteed to work, let alone give you a flawless experience.

I’m so upset I checked pcpartpicker to make sure it was compatible

but I guess I should’ve done more research. This sucks. Thanks for the response. 

If I were to try to install a bios mod, am I able to do that at all before POST? I don’t have any cpus that will fit that socket.