Need Help With New Build!

Need Help with New Build!

So long story short, had an existing build, wanted to opt for a better graphics card, bought an RTX 3070 and gave in and ordered a bunch of other stuff.

My setup how I ordered (and partly assembled):

Asus Rog Strix x570-E Motherboard
Gigabyte Nvidia RTX 3070
AMD Ryzen 7 3800x

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (1 stick) 16GB 3600mhz

Ordered a single stick by accident, meant to order dual kit 3600/3200mhz.

NZXT Kraken Z63
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB NVME
Corsair RM650X
NZXT H510 Elite
2 additional Aer RGB Fans, Hue+.

Now the problems were piling up very shortly. Fans were not working (still haven’t figured out if it broke). Decided to let the fans for what it is, and see if everything worked how I want it too.

I booted up the build, got into BIOS saying “CPU Fan Error!) I’m pretty sure I didn’t connect something the right way on my Z63. But then came the bad part: I had installed my old RAM sticks, which are LPX Vengeance 16GB 3000mhz. I set the speed to 3000, save changes, exited the BIOS, wanted to power up my PC then I got the well known yellow light on Asus boards indicating a RAM problem. 

Tried everything, switching sticks in slots, reseating my CPU (which nearly broke like 5 pins, whole nother headache) to where I finally gave in and opened the wrongly order singly channel stick. Put it in the right slot, BOOM, booted all fine! NO WAY JOSE, I was back in the BIOS again. Again “CPU Fan Error!” Came up. Googled it fairly quick, changed the CPU fan speed to ignore to first see if everything still boots correctly. Saved changes and exit, BOOM, back to the RAM LED indicator which suggests something to do with that.

I been up till 4 AM yesterday, had about 3 nervous breakdowns today, still haven’t got the fans working, and now I still have the reoccuring RAM Error going on.

I know it’s a very long text, I have searched and searched in Google, couldn’t find anything super useful, if anybody here is in a Christmas mood and would give some advice, help, anything, it would be greatly appreciated!

Happy Holiday’s guys, and let’s hope 2021 will bring us all what we desire!

There might be more headers for FANS, have you read the motherboard manual if the pins are correct?
But if it's right, that is kinda weird, maybe others who know that motherboard will say more about this.

Also if one of your sticks are good, while one of them are bad?

Can you boot into BIOS with either one? oh nvm, you ordered only one and it's in the right slot? (I guess so)

But you do think both the CPU and GPU is fine and with no heating issues?

Heard others having issues with too high voltage going to the CPU at times, if something related to that could work?

Also none of the pins were broken for the CPU? you might need to a visual check on the CPU pins and motherboard's CPU slot?

If not you get more help or someone who knows more about such an issue.

Also do you know if boot device is fine, if that is another related issue?

When you change something and it won't boot, there's 2 pins marked clrtc on the bottom right of the board, near the front panel connectors, above 2 rgb headers, bridge them gently with a piece of metal to clear bios settings.

cpu fan header is above ram sticks, top left header is cpu, make sure a fan is plugged in there and not the pump (plug pump into cpu_opt directly under cpu header)

However the heck you almost broke a bunch of pins, be careful and don't do that.
Perhaps a pic of the mobo would aid in advising you so we can see that everything is plugged into the right place

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Out with the family right now, will post a pic of the motherboard when I can.

i guess a CPU fan error might have something to do with my Kraken not properly set up.

The fans are a whole different conversation. I have 2 front fans, 1 at the back of the case, and one at the top, all Aer RGB fans from NZXT. Next to that, I have a Smart Device and a Hue 2 controller, both NZXT. (Smart device came with the case. The front fans on the radiator spin and light up, but the top fan doesn’t do shit, the back fans only lights 2 LED’s in the whole fan in a color blue. 

All that daisy chaining, all those goddamn hubs made my head spin haha. 

Good to know about the clear BIOS settings, I already had the feelings that whenever I change something in the BIOS, it goed back into the same DRAM error loop.

Forgot to mention, I’m assuming the boot device is fine because there is 2 storage devices installed, an Samsung 970 Evo M.2 SSD, and my old Crucial MX500 regular SSD, which has an installed an running Windows 10 installed.

I do however think that the BIOS is automatically taking the M.2 drive as the primary. Haven’t tried to change that since I’m scared to get the DRAM error again.

maybe I forgot to mention one thing, my new build has never booted into anything else than a black screen with text and a logo from “American .....”, with that CPU Fan Error, please press F1 to setup...

It’s either that window, then BIOS, or not booting at all!

If you are going to boot to something, only have the one with the OS (windows 10) installed to throw out any confusion.

thanks so much guys for the tips!

i did the bridged the 2 pins with a screw, let me boot back up into the BIOS. 

reconnect my kraken z63 correctly with your help and watching youtube video’s and no CPU fan error anymore! Also my CPU gets decent temps.

removed the samsung m.2 and gave me the option to boot into OS, my running windows works and CPU-Z recognizes the CPU, GPU but only the RAM as 2666 instead of 3600. I’m planning on returning or selling the kit anyway since it’s single channel, and I think AMD and single channel is a bad idea right?

now the only thing left to do are the aer rgb fans, but i need a USB header extension for it since i do not have enough on the motherboard. (Due to smart device + hue + kraken)

again thank you so much guys! Hope you all had a wonderful christmas, and to a healthy and “full of nice builds” new year!

yes, 5000 series like 4 ranks I believe, but in dual channel is fine too (two sticks).

Lower GB is likely 1 rank per dimm, if having like an 16 GB dimm it would likely have 2 rank?

so like 2x16GB or 2x* or 4x* dimm sticks to be used. I guess 3200 can be better too in some configs as seen below, sorry.

Also higher MHz got to get even higher as seen below when above 3733, and I guess some of the configs can be better in some scenarios.

best-memory-for-ryzen-3000.jpg