Issue regarding a Domain and the Security Database on every computer [Can't log in]

Go to solution Solved by Vitalius,

It turns out our DCs were out of sync due to us using Snapshots to back them up. You aren't supposed to do that, ever. So yeah. It broke things as I used a snapshot to jump back when doing this. 

This.^

Hi guys,

First, let me just illustrate the problem. Here:

13220843304_853accd56a_o.png

Any time I try and log into a machine with a Domain User account, this happens. It used to not do this. 

Try and help me with that first if you can. I'll explain how it got that way if it's necessary to fix it (I'm assuming it is, but it's a long explanation). 

Thanks,
Vitalius

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Huh. I hope that works. I've tried a lot. 

Just a thought: This is effectively a "Let Me Google That For You" post. From the CoC:

• No "lmgtfy" style posts or demeaning posts targeted at anyone.

Thanks for helping though. I wouldn't have brought it here if I hadn't Googled and tried various things. I've never seen that solution (probably because I didn't google what you did). All of the solutions I repeatedly saw was "rejoin the computer to the Domain" which never works. 

Guess why? Because the computer that is doing this is the primary Domain Controller. You can't remove them from the Domain without tearing it down AFAIK.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

• 5 weeks later...

It turns out our DCs were out of sync due to us using Snapshots to back them up. You aren't supposed to do that, ever. So yeah. It broke things as I used a snapshot to jump back when doing this. 

This.^

† Christian Member †