Computer doesn't wanna turn on after a power outage

robynbanks133

Hi, so a power outage happened at my house while my computer was in sleep mode. After that, when i press the power button, it just didn't wanna turn on. i tried the hold power button and unplug the power cable thing, and it didn't work. The fans aren't spinning, no led light is on whatsoever. now this is the second time it has happened, the first one i brought it straight to a technician. he basically just clean some things up and took some parts out. sadly he didn't give a helpful explanation abt what was going on and how he fixed it. i don't have a surge protector either.

so is this a normal thing considering it happened to me twice already? and how do i supposed to fix it?

thanks in advance :)

7 minutes ago, Not Wills said:

a surge protector and a good psu should prevent breaking your computer any more, its uncommon for computer nowadays to do this but not impossible. Also It highly depends what it has broken, could be only the psu, could be everything in the machine.

hi, i have the corsair cx550m and the last time it happened, my psu worked fine afterwards. thankyou for the answer, im considering getting a surge protector after this.