No Display after BSOD

Rubmyturkey

I started having issues with my current PC after a 'memory_management' BSOD today. My current build it a 3700x on a 570X Aorus Pro Wifi mITX board with 16gb of 3600mhz Vengeance Pro, a 2080 Super Black from EVGA, two Adata sx8200 pros, a Corsair SFX 600 all in a Nouvolo Steck. After 20 minutes stuck at the BSOD screen I turned the PC off and when I tried to turn it back on it began behaving weirdly. On pressing the power button, the fans on the GPU ramp up to 100% as they used to before slowing down, then after 10 or so seconds, they ramp back to 100% before slowing down again. There is no output to the display and when I hold the power button the fans on the GPU ramp back to 100% until I let go of it.

So far I have tried resetting the CMOS, reseating the RAM, reseating the GPU and riser, and unplugging and replugging all power cables. I am at my wits end since I have an important project I am in the middle of which my laptop does not cut it for. Any help is much appreciated!

Does your PSU is a new one? Anyway first thing to do is to swap your PSU with a bigger one 750w or more tier B and above to make sure that is not a power issue.

11 hours ago, BiL said:

Does your PSU is a new one? Anyway first thing to do is to swap your PSU with a bigger one 750w or more tier B and above to make sure that is not a power issue.

My PSU is not new, I have been running this same system since the holidays last year with this being my first major issue. I have even run a slight CPU and GPU overclock with the power supply that I have with no issues.

Is your computer still OC'd? If so best to put it back to default settings.

SPEC LIST:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x w/ AMD Wraith Stock Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B-450F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3200mhz (2x16gb)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super FE

PSU: Corsair 750x 80plus Gold 

FANS: Dual Corsair LL Series LL140mm Dual Light Loop RGB

MONITORS: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch FHD LED 144Hz (DP)
Lenovo - G25-10 24.5" LED FHD 144HZ Monitor (HDMI)

PATIENCE: NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁

10 minutes ago, Minicoop said:

Is your computer still OC'd? If so best to put it back to default settings.

I cleared the CMOS and haven't been running an OC for a few months now. My temps weren't stable enough since I am only running an NH-l9i

2080 super requires 650W + PSU... It might work for a bit but when the CPU and GPU come under a load your PSU cannot provide enough power.

2 minutes ago, Breeksta said:

2080 super requires 650W + PSU... It might work for a bit but when the CPU and GPU come under a load your PSU cannot provide enough power.

Like I said, I haven't had issues before. I will look into getting a more powerful PSU, but my main concern is the fact that it won't output video at all. This is a new issue that hasn't been a factor before.

Time kills all PSUs especially ones that run close to or at full load most of the time.

4 minutes ago, Breeksta said:

Time kills all PSUs especially ones that run close to or at full load most of the time.

You think that my PSU has died after really only 6 months of use? I read pretty extensively before purchasing it and everything I could find said that it would be more than adequate to power my setup. I still think it is a GPU issue but I have no way to prove it.

15 minutes ago, Rubmyturkey said:

You think that my PSU has died after really only 6 months of use?

I applaud your PSU for lasting that long under an overclock. It wont hurt to get a 650W PSU even long enough to test with it then return it if it does not fix the issue. Your PSU can damage your other components when it breaks.

16 minutes ago, Breeksta said:

I applaud your PSU for lasting that long under an overclock. It wont hurt to get a 650W PSU even long enough to test with it then return it if it does not fix the issue. Your PSU can damage your other components when it breaks.

Well I ordered a Silverstone SX700 which will hopefully fix things. It will be here tomorrow so I should be able to test it then. I'll update the thread with any more changes as they come.

On 12/22/2020 at 10:50 AM, Breeksta said:

New PSU came and did not change things.

On 12/21/2020 at 10:55 PM, Rubmyturkey said:

I started having issues with my current PC after a 'memory_management' BSOD today. My current build it a 3700x on a 570X Aorus Pro Wifi mITX board with 16gb of 3600mhz Vengeance Pro, a 2080 Super Black from EVGA, two Adata sx8200 pros, a Corsair SFX 600 all in a Nouvolo Steck. After 20 minutes stuck at the BSOD screen I turned the PC off and when I tried to turn it back on it began behaving weirdly. On pressing the power button, the fans on the GPU ramp up to 100% as they used to before slowing down, then after 10 or so seconds, they ramp back to 100% before slowing down again. There is no output to the display and when I hold the power button the fans on the GPU ramp back to 100% until I let go of it.

So far I have tried resetting the CMOS, reseating the RAM, reseating the GPU and riser, and unplugging and replugging all power cables. I am at my wits end since I have an important project I am in the middle of which my laptop does not cut it for. Any help is much appreciated!

Gotta run some diagnostics before you go buy hardware, which most all of it has a warranty, so you probably dont need to do anything other than wait.

Ok, that said....

Do the diagnostic LEDs illuminate?

Have you plugged in the little speaker into the FP header?

If you dont get either, remove the memory sticks. If the board is in operational order, it will illuminate the dram LED.

If the LED illuminates (any) you should have error beep codes that should alarm at post.

If none of the above works with the dram, try the same thing, but remove the cpu. The cpu LED should then illuminate, you have just diagnosed a bad cpu.

If the board still is blank, no beep and no LED diag light, you've diagnosed a bad board.

Keep the new PSU until your warranty parts return just in case you need it.

Hope this helps.

36 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Gotta run some diagnostics before you go buy hardware, which most all of it has a warranty, so you probably dont need to do anything other than wait.

Ok, that said....

Do the diagnostic LEDs illuminate?

Have you plugged in the little speaker into the FP header?

If you dont get either, remove the memory sticks. If the board is in operational order, it will illuminate the dram LED.

If the LED illuminates (any) you should have error beep codes that should alarm at post.

If none of the above works with the dram, try the same thing, but remove the cpu. The cpu LED should then illuminate, you have just diagnosed a bad cpu.

If the board still is blank, no beep and no LED diag light, you've diagnosed a bad board.

Keep the new PSU until your warranty parts return just in case you need it.

Hope this helps.

Based on this, I believe it is the motherboard that is dead. I tried using a speaker but it does not seem to be making it to POST at all since there are no beeps. I have removed the ram and CPU with no changes. There are no indicator LEDs on the board due to its size so I cannot test using that method. I am going to start the RMA process for the motherboard to see what the issue is.