PS5 controller with Bluetooth

Jeremy7020
Go to solution Solved by FrowningHippo,

Hello!

A Bluetooth 5.0 dongle should perfectly fine. It's not exactly the same thing. (They are different versions after all for more detail take a look here: Link).

The difference between the two versions seems to mostly come down to improvements in location tracking of the bluetooth signal. Making it easier for connected devices to pinpoint the location of eachother. In general you won't need this for PC games that support controllers as far as I am aware. And if it becomes a thing in the future I suspect it to be fairly niche untill the tech hits the mainstream market. (By that I mean companies incorporating it over time which will probably happen in the upcoming year(s).)

Hi everyone, 

I received a PS5 controller for my birthday, to use it with my pc for games like Rocket League. I can use it with wire, but I want to try going wireless if possible. I am not very tech savy with Bluetooth, hence the question: Will my PS5 controller work with a Bluetooth 5.0 dongle instead of 5.1? I can't find a 5.1 dongle online so I am confused whether it is the same thing or not as a 5.0. if there is a difference between 5.0 and 5.1, what are they and are they significant?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

Hello!

A Bluetooth 5.0 dongle should perfectly fine. It's not exactly the same thing. (They are different versions after all for more detail take a look here: Link).

The difference between the two versions seems to mostly come down to improvements in location tracking of the bluetooth signal. Making it easier for connected devices to pinpoint the location of eachother. In general you won't need this for PC games that support controllers as far as I am aware. And if it becomes a thing in the future I suspect it to be fairly niche untill the tech hits the mainstream market. (By that I mean companies incorporating it over time which will probably happen in the upcoming year(s).)

4 minutes ago, FrowningHippo said:

Hello!

Thanks!