COMPUTER WON'T GET OUT OF WINDOWS 10 AUTOMATIC REPAIR

Go to solution Solved by help1,

Trying to build this computer was udder hell, from it turning on and not even posting to getting it to post and unable to install windows 10. And now after that I installed windows 10 I tried setting an DOCP profile to 3200 (since that's what my ram was rated at) to it freezing at the windows 10 start up loading screen (the one with the circles you know the ones). After this happened I shorted the CIOS jumper prongs on my MSI B450 gaming max MB and I was able to post again. But no matter if I boot with CSM or UEFI or with AHFI or RAID I cannot get back into my boot drive (an MX500 2TB SATA 6GB/s). Sometimes my PC won't post at all and just show the CPU light on the "EZ Debug" light which I don't understand since my Ryzen 3700x is compatible with B450 boards. Regardless when it does post it repeatedly tries to start the windows repair by saying "preparing windows repair" and getting suck or just restarting and try to repair again with no success. There was one time where my 5600xt kinda glitched out where the loading circle was but that was on an older monitor so I ruled this out. My power supply is a Corsair CV550 (550W). I've never built a computer before so please send help before I hurl it into the pacific ocean.

Here is what I've done but no success:

-rearranged my XPG dimms (tried with one stick no go, had it in duel channel so idk)

-dissembled my PC to check the CPU (if it was damaged or not set correctly) and reset the connections for every component on this computer

-flushed my BIOS 3 different times using 3 different latest versions

-switched out my SATA cable and back to see if i'd damaged the table by bending it too far

-checked if the dimms were not on the QVL for this motherboard, looked good

-unplugged my reset SW plug since people with 3700x and this motherboard had problems until they plugged it

Trying to build this computer was udder hell, from it turning on and not even posting to getting it to post and unable to install windows 10. And now after that I installed windows 10 I tried setting an DOCP profile to 3200 (since that's what my ram was rated at) to it freezing at the windows 10 start up loading screen (the one with the circles you know the ones). After this happened I shorted the CIOS jumper prongs on my MSI B450 gaming max MB and I was able to post again. But no matter if I boot with CSM or UEFI or with AHFI or RAID I cannot get back into my boot drive (an MX500 2TB SATA 6GB/s). Sometimes my PC won't post at all and just show the CPU light on the "EZ Debug" light which I don't understand since my Ryzen 3700x is compatible with B450 boards. Regardless when it does post it repeatedly tries to start the windows repair by saying "preparing windows repair" and getting suck or just restarting and try to repair again with no success. There was one time where my 5600xt kinda glitched out where the loading circle was but that was on an older monitor so I ruled this out. My power supply is a Corsair CV550 (550W). I've never built a computer before so please send help before I hurl it into the pacific ocean.

Here is what I've done but no success:

-rearranged my XPG dimms (tried with one stick no go, had it in duel channel so idk)

-dissembled my PC to check the CPU (if it was damaged or not set correctly) and reset the connections for every component on this computer

-flushed my BIOS 3 different times using 3 different latest versions

-switched out my SATA cable and back to see if i'd damaged the table by bending it too far

-checked if the dimms were not on the QVL for this motherboard, looked good

-unplugged my reset SW plug since people with 3700x and this motherboard had problems until they plugged it

Have you tried reinstalling Windows? Because your Windows installation is screwed.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

yes i have, and it just freezes like the windows attempt on repairing. 4 dots of a circle and then restarts and tries again. if it does that enough it will just black screen showing an CPU light

It seems likely you have a either faulty component or maybe their BIOS support for that chip is not great. It's not a good sign being unable to boot sometimes and seeing that CPU LED light up. That is  very likely the root cause of the problems you are having and Windows is just more sensitive to it hence entering repair mode constantly since it sees something wrong.

You said you've reseated your CPU already which would very likely have fixed any install issues that were present in the CPU. You've also tried single stick of RAM with no better results and you managed to try different BIOS versions as well. Honestly you've exhausted most of the easy options for troubleshooting and the next easiest options are swapping out components completely with different ones if possible.

Trying a different CPU if you have a friend or family member that has one they could let you use to troubleshoot. Same with motherboard, RAM etc... until you can isolate which components are good and which are bad if any. You alternatively ask a local computer hardware shop if they would be willing to help you troubleshoot, if they offer customer building then they likely have components hanging around for general troubleshooting.

If not possible you can take a gamble and return/exchange your motherboard or CPU (ideal) or RMA one and see if the new part fixes the issue, but that can take awhile and isn't guaranteed to fix the problem.

- Personal Rig -

AMD 7950X3D / 64GB G.SKILL DDR5-6000 EXPO / ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC
ASUS ProArt X670E / Noctua NH-D15 Corsair 4000D Airflow / Corsair RM1000x / 4 x 2TB Crucial P5 Plus

- 🪦 HW Graveyard 🪦-

MSI GTX 780 Lightning 3GB 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018
Seasonic Platinum 1000W 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018

PNY GTX 470 1280MB 🪦🫡 June 2010 - August 2017

Intel Q9550 / Q9450 Systems 🪦🫡 Q1-2008 - Q3-2016
- Desktop Audio Equipment -
ADAM Audio F7's | Topping D30 Pro | Topping A30 Pro | HD598 & HD6XX w/ Sheepskin Pads

is there anything i can do? i don't have other components. when it won't post and start  the windows install it worked when i switched out the USB sticks. the one that works now isn't working so i went back. still the same bullshit 

also other thing, when i got windows to work it actually worked. i installed all i things i needed and whatnot but i went to restart to bios to use the a-xmp profiles and it started to act like this. isn't there a way i can wipe my boot drive within BIOS? because i don't got a USB to SATA table so

On 12/20/2020 at 3:12 AM, help1 said:

is there anything i can do? i don't have other components. when it won't post and start  the windows install it worked when i switched out the USB sticks. the one that works now isn't working so i went back. still the same bullshit 

Apologies but I'm am not quite understanding what you are trying to say in this post. But as for the components yes that is understandable that you don't have any available on hand. So your only options are if you have a friend/family member that has some or if possible or seeing if a local PC shop would be willing to help troubleshoot components with/for you. Other option is doing a return on the Motherboard or CPU and hoping you guessed which is the problem. (I'd say the Motherboard is a more likely to be the issue).

On 12/20/2020 at 3:15 AM, help1 said:

also other thing, when i got windows to work it actually worked. i installed all i things i needed and whatnot but i went to restart to bios to use the a-xmp profiles and it started to act like this. isn't there a way i can wipe my boot drive within BIOS? because i don't got a USB to SATA table so

Ah, so you had Windows working for a time and enabling XMP seems to be what caused this. That is very strange, clearing CMOS as you have done already should have fixed this issue immediately though, which is why I suspect something else is at play (dead components, or compatibility issues even though there shouldn't be any).

Some further troubleshooting I suppose you can try is removing ALL unnecessary components. Extra HDDs, Extra SSDs, Run only 1 stick of RAM, unplug all unnecessary connectors on your motherboard, unplug all extra peripherals. If you have a PS/2 Keyboard you can use, use that instead of a USB one. Basically the goal is run the system with the BARE minimum required to function and then slowly reintroduce components/peripherals until it starts having issues again and you may figure out more information about what the problem is.

Another potential option is create a bootable linux thumb drive (info on how to do this is readily available) and try booting from that stick into linux and see if you encounter issues there.

Lastly you may be able to wipe your drive from the BIOS using the RAID utilities but I've never used them for that purpose before so I don't know what exactly that'll do as opposed to doing it through the Windows installer. If you're having trouble getting your PC to boot from the Windows install drive you can manually select the boot drive by pressing F11 during boot on MSI boards.

- Personal Rig -

AMD 7950X3D / 64GB G.SKILL DDR5-6000 EXPO / ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC
ASUS ProArt X670E / Noctua NH-D15 Corsair 4000D Airflow / Corsair RM1000x / 4 x 2TB Crucial P5 Plus

- 🪦 HW Graveyard 🪦-

MSI GTX 780 Lightning 3GB 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018
Seasonic Platinum 1000W 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018

PNY GTX 470 1280MB 🪦🫡 June 2010 - August 2017

Intel Q9550 / Q9450 Systems 🪦🫡 Q1-2008 - Q3-2016
- Desktop Audio Equipment -
ADAM Audio F7's | Topping D30 Pro | Topping A30 Pro | HD598 & HD6XX w/ Sheepskin Pads