RTX 3090 (evga ftw3) fan control? Fans not spinning unless gaming

Shai Hulud

I finally installed my air cooled EVGA RTX 3090, and I noticed today at idle the fans do not spin at all. They do spin when I'm gaming. I assume this is how it is supposed to work but the card gets pretty hot even at idle, and being right next to my CPU I think this makes my CPU fans work harder,, which worries me a bit. 

So there are these two connectors that look like they take a 4 pin female fan cable, but the GPU didn't come with any fan cable and the installation manual mentioned nothing about it. 

I *think* the purpose is to attach PWM case fans to those and have their speed controlled by the GPU temp.

Maybe I'm stupid (probably), but how would one control the fan speed on this? I dont see any setting in Nvidia control panel, nor do I see a way to control the RGB. 

I didn't put much thought into this initially as I'm going to watercool the card and the fans/rgb are going bye bye, but the block is from Optimus and was supposed to ship in mid November but being Optimus they probably meant November 2021 and I'll be air cooling a while...

Do I need a third party software? Am I actually supposed to plug something into these 4 pin slots? Am I worrying over nothing?

Thanks

20201219_151423.jpg

Here is a better picture, above one set of pins it says 5V D G(?) and the other says Aux fan.

Maybe one is for RGB controller and one is for external PWM case fans? Otherwise I dont really see the point of two of them

20201219_152808.jpg

ones labelled Aux Fan, so thats probably a fan header that fed with the same PWM signal that the main GPU fans use.

The other one, is probably some sort of RGB

1 minute ago, Aragorn- said:

ones labelled Aux Fan, so thats probably a fan header that fed with the same PWM signal that the main GPU fans use.

The other one, is probably some sort of RGB

That was my guess, so my card is fine with those both empty?

Any idea how to change the fan curve? The main thing I'm noticing is my CPU idle temps seem about 5 degrees higher since installing the new GPU