Is a CV550 good enough for this build?

medyobano

I have plans for upgrading my PC to this build. 

I am considering the CV550 at most with the price range of 50 dollars. Is this good enough for these specs?

4 minutes ago, medyobano said:

I am considering the CV550 at most with the price range of 50 dollars. Is this good enough for these specs?

Wattage-wise yes it definitely is good enough, though the CV series is basically an improved VS power supply. Overall, it's not bad, but it's not too great either. With this build you should be fine though.

4 minutes ago, medyobano said:

It is powerful enough but I would still recommend, if you can afford it, a better quality power supply and at least 80+ Gold certified. However those will cost you almost double. 

51 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

It is powerful enough but I would still recommend, if you can afford it, a better quality power supply and at least 80+ Gold certified. However those will cost you almost double. 

52 minutes ago, Hz Eurythmic said:

Wattage-wise yes it definitely is good enough, though the CV series is basically an improved VS power supply. Overall, it's not bad, but it's not too great either. With this build you should be fine though.

Thanks for the insight!

1 hour ago, Applefreak said:

Besides the Corsair CV series, are there any recommendations you guys have for me for the 40-50 dollar price range?

you might be better going for less power, but better quality. You dont need 550w.

That rig probably wont even break 300w, so if you can find a better quality 400ish unit within your budget that would be better than going for 550w but ending up with a budget model.

You say your upgrading, so what PSU do you have just now?

28 minutes ago, Aragorn- said:

you might be better going for less power, but better quality. You dont need 550w.

That rig probably wont even break 300w, so if you can find a better quality 400ish unit within your budget that would be better than going for 550w but ending up with a budget model.

You say your upgrading, so what PSU do you have just now?

Sadly just a generic PSU, like a really bad one. Btw I also found a PSU locally (Philippines) made, not sure if you are familiar with it, its from FSP. It is 600w and it has a 80 plus certification. Will this be a better option?https://s.lazada.com.ph/s.1U34h