New build randomly goes to Lock Screen while gaming

adb1028

My new build started randomly going to the Lock Screen while gaming. I’ll be playing COD Warzone and the system will just lock, entering the password brings me right back into the game. Very frustrating. Any ideas?

Temps are 56c GPU and 63c CPU. On the latest bios and drivers.

Here’s the build:

- 5600x
- Aorus B550m Pro-P
- Msi Ventus 3080 OC
- oLoy Warhawk Special Edition 32gb (4x8 3600 c18) XMP on
- Meshify C Mini
- 850w Gold Psu

This is the 3rd problem I’ve had with this rig. The first was an issue with USB disconnecting, ram rgb turning red. This was solved by disabling PCIE gen4 in the bios (common issue on some Gigabyte and ASUS b550/x570 boards). The 2nd problem was frame drops into the 30’s randomly, this was solved by following a guide on YouTube by using registry edit to disable some “dvr” settings. I wonder if this is all related?

This issue could be caused due to some incorrect power settings or due to some corrupt or incompatible driver. I would suggest you to try these steps and check:

Method 1: Run the power troubleshooter

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

Type Troubleshooting in search bar and click it

Click System & Security

Click Power and run the troubleshooter

Method 2: If the power troubleshooter doesn’t detect any incorrect settings, then it is possible that the issue is caused by an incompatible or corrupt driver. When the computer goes to sleep mode, Windows sends a request to all hardware parts asking to enter sleep mode. But if the driver for a particular hardware part (like a network adapter or graphic card) is corrupt, it might not respond to these requests and may prevent the computer from entering sleep mode. To resolve this, I would suggest you to run Windows update to make sure that you have installed the latest drivers for all the devices. Refer to the section ‘To check for updates’ in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-update-faq

Method 3: Run System File Checker tool

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Press Windows key + X and click Command Prompt (Admin)

Type the following command and press Enter

sfc /scannow

Note: Do not close this Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process is finished.

26 minutes ago, KloudRiot said:

This issue could be caused due to some incorrect power settings or due to some corrupt or incompatible driver. I would suggest you to try these steps and check:

Method 1: Run the power troubleshooter

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

Type Troubleshooting in search bar and click it

Click System & Security

Click Power and run the troubleshooter

Method 2: If the power troubleshooter doesn’t detect any incorrect settings, then it is possible that the issue is caused by an incompatible or corrupt driver. When the computer goes to sleep mode, Windows sends a request to all hardware parts asking to enter sleep mode. But if the driver for a particular hardware part (like a network adapter or graphic card) is corrupt, it might not respond to these requests and may prevent the computer from entering sleep mode. To resolve this, I would suggest you to run Windows update to make sure that you have installed the latest drivers for all the devices. Refer to the section ‘To check for updates’ in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-update-faq

Method 3: Run System File Checker tool

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Press Windows key + X and click Command Prompt (Admin)

Type the following command and press Enter

sfc /scannow

Note: Do not close this Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process is finished.

Thanks! I’ll give this a try. Is there any chance this problem could be hardware related? XMP, bad SSD, bad mobo etc....

what would be the next step if this doesn’t solve the issue?