MSI Krait Gaming Z170A bios bin file

Hello, could anyone dump their current bios from the MSI Krait Gaming Z170A motherboard to a .bin file? I'm currently trying to recover this board as a bricked motherboard. Much appreciated if you could do so.

7 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Here are all the bios's for that mainboard.... nobody's will differ from any of these.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z170A-KRAIT-GAMING

The bioses provided on the site is in .A## format. I'm using a CH341A programmer to flash the bios, but it needs to be in .bin. Is there maybe some way to convert to bin or some alternative way to get this to work?

20 minutes ago, PokeHydre said:

The bioses provided on the site is in .A## format. I'm using a CH341A programmer to flash the bios, but it needs to be in .bin. Is there maybe some way to convert to bin or some alternative way to get this to work?

All you do is 

Right click, click rename, change only .A20 to .bin enter save.

Like this here. Latest bios for the board.

E7984IMS.bin

21 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

All you do is 

Right click, click rename, change only .A20 to .bin enter save.

Like this here. Latest bios for the board.

E7984IMS.bin 16 MB · 2 downloads

Hmm, it seems that I have another problem here. On the bios programmer software I use (CH341A v1.18, also tried other versions), the bios chip on my motherboard is a Winbond 25Q128FVSQ, but the programmer software does not have any options for that chip except 25Q128FV. Any solutions to be able to flash the bin?

CH341A_D9ljPJVK7x.png

1 hour ago, PokeHydre said:

Hmm, it seems that I have another problem here. On the bios programmer software I use (CH341A v1.18, also tried other versions), the bios chip on my motherboard is a Winbond 25Q128FVSQ, but the programmer software does not have any options for that chip except 25Q128FV. Any solutions to be able to flash the bin?

CH341A_D9ljPJVK7x.png

Try version 1.29

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Try version 1.29

I'm now on version 1.29, but it doesn't have 25Q128FVSQ in the dropdown. Instead, more is listed with similar 25Q128 variants.

CH341A_c_NY1BRMMo1H.png

CH341A_c_A460JBJY8u.png

Found this little conversation that might help you out. 

Try with system plugged in, also before that try with CMOS and main battery installed too if you had not already tested with those left in previously. Try version 1.30, included in this package - https://www.sendspace.com/file/gtcmvd
And also try BV instead of FV when you do chip detect, that may not be necessary, or may not help, just something to try as I know this is required for W25QF64FV

Using the power cord the chip was finally recognized and readable. Nevertheless I had to use version 1.18 to verify it because 1.29/1.30 always failed at 50%.
Lets see if I can work it out and somehow unlock mpm to get my AMT/V-Pro setting right. I believe mazzif wrote something about deleting the UUID would unlock the mpm.

Page 239 I think it was. https://www.win-raid.com/t796f16-Guide-Using-CH-A-based-programmer-to-flash-SPI-EEPROM.html

On 12/18/2020 at 10:28 PM, ShrimpBrime said:

Found this little conversation that might help you out. 

Thanks. I will try to see if I have gotten success on programming the bios chip. I will keep you updated whenever as possible. It seems that there were issues with my wiring of the SOIC8 clip so I would need to buy the necessary supplies for it

Okay, so the supplies I ordered finally arrived and now it detects the bios chip. I have already checked to make sure everything is in the correct spot. The CH341A software detects the bios chip as the W25Q128BV even though 25Q128FVSQ is labeled on the chip, but when I tried to program the bios file and tried to verify, it says "Chip Main Memory with the contents are in disagreement." I have also tested this with W25Q128FV, but the same message appears. Software v1.29 and v1.30 get the same error, "Chip Main Memory with the contents are in disagreement." Software v1.18 and v1.31 (presumably v1.4?) works fine with no errors and verified with the message, "Chip and Buffer same."

I tried turning on the motherboard, but the LED indicator for the CPU on the motherboard appears to be solid, which means CPU fail or not detected (according to the mobo manual). I'm testing this with a working i5 6500 and a 8GB DDR4 stick on this motherboard since the CPU/RAM originally worked with this motherboard.  

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, PokeHydre said:

I'm testing this with a working i5 6500 and a 8GB DDR4 stick on this motherboard since the CPU/RAM originally worked with this motherboard.  

Any ideas?

Good with the bad. 

The only idea I have is clear cmos.

Reflash

Clear cmos again.

If no go,

Try a different cpu if on hand.

• 3 months later...

Hello, could anyone dump their current bios from the MSI mpg z490 carbon motherboard to a .bin file? I'm currently trying to recover this board as a bricked motherboard. Much appreciated if you could do so.