quiet server

Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
Just now, the gamer that is bad said:

ok thank you what cases would you recommend for this purpose sorry if this is the wrong forum 

Id look for something cheap with 6 drive bays. If you want to spend a bit more there are cases like the node 304 if you want small, and the define series if you want big.

i want to make a more powerful server since my other one pooped out but it needs to be quiet it will be used for a mc server for 10-15 people and a nas for 8 people 7 remote users and i have no idea what to do or how to do it any help would be appreciated 

if you want it quiet water cool it. large reservoir, large radiator with high pressure low RPM fans. could get it inaudible given the right case. 

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

is it safe to water-cool a server the only time I've water-cooled anything it was an old laptop and that went far past the south pole 

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

geta

it's not showing any useful results on DuckDuckGo.

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

2 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

Yea those servers are loud. There also pretty different, so what are your needs? Also id stay away from 1u unless you need density.

What is your goal with the server, just MC? Id just get a used desktop then, it will be plenty, and the used desktops are pretty quiet.

a mc server 10-15 players and a nas that can be accessed b 7 people remotely and 1-2 locally the gas dose not need to be super fast and i have the drives but still fast enough

a mc server 10-15 players and a nas that can be accessed b 7 people remotely and 1-2 locally the gas dose not need to be super fast and i have the drives but still fast enough

How much storage do you need on the nas?

Id just get a used desktop, like a optiplex, it will be plenty here.

my old desktop pooped out and i have: 4 2tb senate barracuda drives, and 2 6tb iron wolf pro drives. i don't know how my friend got me those drives but he has a friend somewhere there the nas will contain all of the drives in 1 raid 10 and 1 raid 1 for redundancy with a sad boot drive and mc server drive So whatever system can do that and be a good mc server

2 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

my old desktop pooped out and i have: 4 2tb senate barracuda drives, and 2 6tb iron wolf pro drives. i don't know how my friend got me those drives but he has a friend somewhere there the nas will contain all of the drives in 1 raid 10 and 1 raid 1 for redundancy with a sad boot drive and mc server drive So whatever system can do that and be a good mc server

How many tb usable do you need?

Id probalby try to find a system locally that is used locally with a case with lots of bays, or build your own

What is your budget?

we only need 2-3tb right now but my friend is a magic man so now we have 20tb raw storage at our disopsal 

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

How many tb usable do you need?

Id probalby try to find a system locally that is used locally with a case with lots of bays, or build your own

What is your budget?

and my budget is $400

we only need 2-3tb right now but my friend is a magic man so now we have 20tb raw storage at our disopsal 

and my budget is $400

Id probably hunt for a used system locally, or just built one with a i3 10100, b460 board, and a small ssd. Then id start with the 2 6tb drives for now, and add the other drives later if needed.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id probably hunt for a used system locally, or just built one with a i3 10100, b460 board, and a small ssd. Then id start with the 2 6tb drives for now, and add the other drives later if needed.

ok thank you what cases would you recommend for this purpose sorry if this is the wrong forum 

Id look for something cheap with 6 drive bays. If you want to spend a bit more there are cases like the node 304 if you want small, and the define series if you want big.