Bootlooping No Matter OS

XDomG

I have spent about 10 hours in total troubleshooting this beautiful piece of crap. for reference it is a 3900x and a 5700xt. I have reinstalled windows 3 times but I keep getting 0xc00000098 and 0xc0000001 error codes, these mean the system did not shut down / power up correctly. it prompts you to recovery mode where I have selected and tried ever option. I attempted a Linux install however I would occur the same thing as windows: after going through the installation the pc will restart at the beginning of the installer. that is after I have taken the installation stick out and made the boot order correct. the only time I could get Linux stable is if you press "try it out" in which It seems to run fine, but then will crash after a random amount of time. I can provide you with more info if necessary 

I am 500 miles away from home rn and am leaving soon, getting this pc up and running is mission critical. I am SO DONE with this and have not been able to find any help from anywhere else so any help would be appreciated. 

28 minutes ago, XDomG said:

I have spent about 10 hours in total troubleshooting this beautiful piece of crap. for reference it is a 3900x and a 5700xt. I have reinstalled windows 3 times but I keep getting 0xc00000098 and 0xc0000001 error codes, these mean the system did not shut down / power up correctly. it prompts you to recovery mode where I have selected and tried ever option. I attempted a Linux install however I would occur the same thing as windows: after going through the installation the pc will restart at the beginning of the installer. that is after I have taken the installation stick out and made the boot order correct. the only time I could get Linux stable is if you press "try it out" in which It seems to run fine, but then will crash after a random amount of time. I can provide you with more info if necessary 

I am 500 miles away from home rn and am leaving soon, getting this pc up and running is mission critical. I am SO DONE with this and have not been able to find any help from anywhere else so any help would be appreciated. 

If you’re having the same problem with multiple OSes it implies hardware not software.  A 3900x ant a 5700xt were mentioned but the storage, memory, and motherboard bios would be the first places I would look to resolve such an issue.  Are you doing remote admin with this thing? 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

30 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

and motherboard bios 

Bios update. Not a bad idea Bombastinator! 

It is a Phantom Gaming B550 board with an NVME ssd. I have not actually attempted a bios update however linux runs while in its portable "evaluation" state. im at a complete and utter loss right now so I will try and get back to you

6 hours ago, XDomG said:

It is a B550 board with an NVME ssd. I have not actually attempted a bios update however linux runs while in its portable "evaluation" state. im at a complete and utter loss right now so I will try and get back to you

I have tried everything however the bios, LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE, absolutely REFUSES to update. I have tried 2 different drives, 2 different bios revisions, a 3rd party disc formatter and Asrock's "instant flash" (the only bios update utility available) just gets me "no file recognized" is there anything else you know of that could be the issue, im leaving tomorrow morning and I live 500 miles away. this is my 6th pc build and it seems like everything is F'd in this build