Darkflash PSU???

medyobano

Looking for a better PSU than the generic PSU that came with my PC. Looking at the Corsair CV450 and the Darkflash GP550. The thing is, I am not sure if Darkflash is a reliable brand for PSUs. Should I go for the CV450 instead sacrificing wattage? Or the GP550 sacrificing the reliability from Corsair? Btw this is the possible upgrades I am getting soon, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ycnYQD. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, medyobano said:

Looking for a better PSU than the generic PSU that came with my PC. Looking at the Corsair CV450 and the Darkflash GP550. The thing is, I am not sure if Darkflash is a reliable brand for PSUs. Should I go for the CV450 instead sacrificing wattage? Or the GP550 sacrificing the reliability from Corsair? Btw this is the possible upgrades I am getting soon, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ycnYQD.Thanks!

Funny enough, I had both a Darkflash PSU and a Corsair CV PSU blow on me. The Darkflash took my MOBO with it and the CV luckily didn't harm any other parts.

The cheapest option I would go with are the EVGA BA 500w/ EVGA BR 500w for $60. They're no top tier PSU but I've used them in a lot of budget builds and they work perfectly for what they cost.

32 minutes ago, YuppityYap said:

Funny enough, I had both a Darkflash PSU and a Corsair CV PSU blow on me. The Darkflash took my MOBO with it and the CV luckily didn't harm any other parts.

The cheapest option I would go with are the EVGA BA 500w/ EVGA BR 500w for $60. They're no top tier PSU but I've used them in a lot of budget builds and they work perfectly for what they cost.

Man that really made me think about my options. Thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, YuppityYap said:

Just found a EVGA 500BV, is this good enough? Here is the specific link to where I found it. https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/evga-power-supply-500bv-watts-80plus-bronze-500w-true-rated-power-supply-80-plus-rated-psu-for-micro-atx-and-atx-casing-for-gaming-and-for-video-card-that-needs-8pin-and-6pin-connector-quiet-and-durable-cooling-fan-affordable-computer-power-supply-i227281598-s301499898.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlist.list.1.79c53797Bg8NEs&search=1

26 minutes ago, Gorilla Warfare said:

That EVGA , is a poor model too.

Really? Can you give me reasons on why is it a bad model? Sorry, not familiar with PC components that much. Thanks!

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

Why are you opposed to buying a quality PSU?

I just sadly have a set budget for the PSU, in this case about 40 dollars.

6 hours ago, medyobano said:

So you're set on buying the whatever bomb you see there ? I mean, Corsair CV isn't a bomb but it's not a good pick for this PC either. Without digging in that retailer i'd suggest Corsair CX or at least CX-m, maaaybe Segotep GP-G if you can find fully modular version there (and cheaper than CX) but you know, we have a PSU tier list here, just for something you can find there from tiers B & C.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

14 hours ago, medyobano said:

Then don't upgrade. All you are doing here is setting your system up for failure and more money spent on it to fix it instead of doing things right the first time.