I can do dual channel with this?

Zowy1

I have in the system ADATA 8GB 2400MHZ single
and I have stick of AFOX 8GB 2133MHZ

I can do dual channel with both? maybe I will try OC them to 2933mhz?

A320M-S2H
RYZEN 5 2600

I ask because I dont know if buy new memory because I see the speed of ram doesnt matter so much.. and dual channel is more important

5 minutes ago, Zowy1 said:

I have in the system ADATA 8GB 2400MHZ single
and I have stick of AFOX 8GB 2133MHZ

I can do dual channel with both? maybe I will try OC them to 2933mhz?

A320M-S2H
RYZEN 5 2600

I ask because I dont know if buy new memory because I see the speed of ram doesnt matter so much.. and dual channel is more important

You should be able to run those in dual channel, but they will both run at 2133mhz

10850k@ 52x all-core, 1.38v

Maximus XII Formula

16gb 4000 xmp Viper B-die @ 4330 16-16-16-36 1.52v daily 

RTX 3070ti Aorus Master

970 Evo 500GB

RM750x

You should get dual channel but I wouldn't say it's guaranteed however you will 100% not be overclocking the RAM on that motherboard, it's a locked board (all A-series boards are)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

22 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You should get dual channel but I wouldn't say it's guaranteed however you will 100% not be overclocking the RAM on that motherboard, it's a locked board (all A-series boards are)

You sure? in the specs it supports up to 3200mhz.. it have xmp?

speed was matter a lot? better I buy new 16GB kit or search for same stick as ADATA?

Just now, Zowy1 said:

You sure? in the specs it supports up to 3200mhz.. it have xmp?

speed was matter a lot? better I buy new 16GB kit or search for same stick as ADATA?

You can enable XMP profiles if they exist on the RAM but not manually overclock the RAM.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

You can enable XMP profiles if they exist on the RAM but not manually overclock the RAM.

I dont think this sticks have xmp..

I think I will try it in the past and the system doesnt boot up.. I dont know if it was cause by the bios or the afox stick was defective..

Just now, Zowy1 said:

I dont think this sticks have xmp..

I think I will try it in the past and the system doesnt boot up.. I dont know if it was cause by the bios or the afox stick was defective..

Yah, if you can go for a 2x8G 3200Mhz kit or even 3000Mhz kit (depending on the price) then I would do that instead.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

Yah, if you can go for a 2x8G 3200Mhz kit or even 3000Mhz kit (depending on the price) then I would do that instead.

Some people say that it was problem because this cpu support up to 2933mhz.. and thie mobo is not very good for XMP

I dont know...

or only try again do dual channel with my sticks? or it was bad because of the 2133mhz speed? 

Just now, Zowy1 said:

Some people say that it was problem because this cpu support up to 2933mhz.. and thie mobo is not very good for XMP

I dont know...

or only try again do dual channel with my sticks? or it was bad because of the 2133mhz speed? 

If you've got the sticks already you should get dual channel at least, start with that and see where performance is. Not 100% sure on the motherboard itself so I can't speak to if it can handle faster memory above 2933 or not.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

If you've got the sticks already you should get dual channel at least, start with that and see where performance is. Not 100% sure on the motherboard itself so I can't speak to if it can handle faster memory above 2933 or not.

some people say the speed matters a lot in ryzen.. and some not..

Just now, Zowy1 said:

some people say the speed matters a lot in ryzen.. and some not..

Yah, it matters on 1000 and 2000 series CPUs up to around 3200Mhz before performance gains drop off. On 3000 series CPUs 3600MHz is the sweet spot for most. Dual channel though is more important imo but speed is pretty close behind.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

36 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Yah, it matters on 1000 and 2000 series CPUs up to around 3200Mhz before performance gains drop off. On 3000 series CPUs 3600MHz is the sweet spot for most. Dual channel though is more important imo but speed is pretty close behind.

So buy new kit you think? I hope that is was working good and I think I set 2933mhz..

I can set manual speed if the xmp disabled? or not because it was a320?

12 hours ago, Zowy1 said:

So buy new kit you think? I hope that is was working good and I think I set 2933mhz..

I can set manual speed if the xmp disabled? or not because it was a320?

Yah, I'd go with a 2933Mhz kit to be safe if you're really worried since I'm 99.99% sure you cannot set manual memory speed on the A series boards.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 hour ago, Lurick said:

Yah, I'd go with a 2933Mhz kit to be safe if you're really worried since I'm 99.99% sure you cannot set manual memory speed on the A series boards.

see this:

I can buy 32GB used 2800mhz for some people.. it was ok? because 2800 is not the standard.. like 2133/2400/2933/3200