What the Hell Linus!

nerfw2525
5 minutes ago, Arika S said:

yeah? LMG make ads sometimes with their sponsors, what's the issue?

I don't think he mean their is an issue, just randomly have it over Linus own videos. Though sometime the ad is ironic. I had Iphone ad over some pixel videos. Or Prime Video ads over an promotional youtube Red video. The thing they both have youtube ads si it;s not like they are targeting opposing products video.

LinusMediaGroup making different types of media, other than their own videos is not new.

They have done ads for Honey (other than this one) and Pulseway too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 minutes ago, minibois said:

LinusMediaGroup making different types of media, other than their own videos is not new.

They have done ads for Honey (other than this one) and Pulseway too.

IIRC they've done staff training materials for retail companies before before and also exclusive productions for the likes of Vessel, when that was still around.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

1 minute ago, pythonmegapixel said:

IIRC they've done staff training materials before

Yup, they did videos for Best Buy (the name of the series I forgot, it's something like "The ***", the *'s being a single word name).

They also did training or informational videos for Intel too.

3 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

and also exclusive productions for the likes of Vessel, when that was still around.

Shoutout to Nerd Sports!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

I don't think he mean their is an issue, just randomly have it over Linus own videos. Though sometime the ad is ironic. I had iPhone ad over some pixel videos. Or Prime Video ads over an promotional YouTube Red video. The thing they both have YouTube ads is it's not like they are targeting opposing products video.

Linus sponsors (like Pulseway) specifically asked YouTube to show their Linus ads on LMG channels, since we're all damn familiar with Mr. Scoks-and-Sandals. That's why.

1 hour ago, nerfw2525 said:

1856487513_Screenshot2020-12-13103127.thumb.png.d5b49626e44449d0a041c2d57eacc1c5.png

So we're not talking about "LED Cores"? And "Giant Buy"?

image.png.0314628cf3729e729d606c59527b4e5e.png

10 hours ago, AvMaverick said:

Linus sponsors (like Pulseway) specifically asked YouTube to show their Linus ads on LMG channels, since we're all damn familiar with Mr. Scoks-and-Sandals. That's why.

Ok, yeah it happens, not for those ironical ones though.

3 hours ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

Ok, yeah it happens, not for those ironical ones though.

What was the video then, that irked satire?

22 hours ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

I had Iphone ad over some pixel videos. Or Prime Video ads over an promotional youtube Red video. The thing they both have youtube ads si it;s not like they are targeting opposing products video.

I have watch the whole add when It happened to pop up on a video :D

There was another one I think but I can't remember it