LOW GPU usage 3060 ti

jogabbb

Hello guys,

Yesterday I finally installed my new 3060 ti, and I was super hyped about it. I mainly bought it just to upgrade from my RX 590. The only thing is that when i play games like warzone, fornite or valorant, my gpu usage isn’t that high. For example in valorant, which I know is more of a cpu bound game, my gpu usage is about 15%...but my cpu is also low at around 30-35%. In this game when i play online i average about 200-225 fps. Is there a way i could boost the % up to get more frames in all my games? or is it just my cpu (Ryzen 5 2600) that is bottlenecking the card? I have 16 gb of 3200 MHz ram also.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, jogabbb said:

Hello guys,

Yesterday I finally installed my new 3060 ti, and I was super hyped about it. I mainly bought it just to upgrade from my RX 590. The only thing is that when i play games like warzone, fornite or valorant, my gpu usage isn’t that high. For example in valorant, which I know is more of a cpu bound game, my gpu usage is about 15%...but my cpu is also low at around 30-35%. In this game when i play online i average about 200-225 fps. Is there a way i could boost the % up to get more frames in all my games? or is it just my cpu (Ryzen 5 2600) that is bottlenecking the card? I have 16 gb of 3200 MHz ram also.

Thanks.

The GPU usage in games like valorant is normal. I play valorant every day (when I have access to my pc) and my 1050 is utilized around 30%. I wouldn't say your cpu is bottlenecking your GPU, but many esports titles are CPU bound so a 3600 would be a good upgrade if you sell your 2600 for around 100

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

4 hours ago, Downkey said:

The GPU usage in games like valorant is normal. I play valorant every day (when I have access to my pc) and my 1050 is utilized around 30%. I wouldn't say your cpu is bottlenecking your GPU, but many esports titles are CPU bound so a 3600 would be a good upgrade if you sell your 2600 for around 100

thanks for the advide. But is it normal that i dont get that much of a performance boost from my last setup?