DLSS?

TJ93

Can someone fully explain what DLSS is and does. Should I turn it on in game. Does it boost performance or is it worse for performance.

Just now, TJ93 said:

Can someone fully explain what DLSS is and does. Should I turn it on in game. Does it boost performance or is it worse for performance.

Gives better performance.

It uses A.I to upscale textures, if implemented correctly (and if the A.I is on a good day) it looks good.

DLSS is a resolution upscaling technique. You run the game at a lower resolution and some AI shenanigans will interpolate more pixels to bring the resolution up to the standards that the machine gods see fit. For example, game runs in 1440p and the Nvidia tensor cores bump that baby up to 4k.

You see most benefit when you're running higher resolutions, but you might favor the experience at 1440p as well. 

Unfortunately it can't be turned on in every game, just ones that have programmed in support, but apparently it works damn good so if your card isn't quite perfect for 4K ultra you can squeeze out some smoother frames.

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Lord Szechenyi said:

Gives better performance.

It uses A.I to upscale textures, if implemented correctly (and if the A.I is on a good day) it looks good.

Does it boost frames or just make it look better. If I am playing an esport and want the best FPS possible should it be on or off?

Just now, TJ93 said:

Does it boost frames or just make it look better. If I am playing an esport and want the best FPS possible should it be on or off?

If you want the most frames, you play in 720p with everything set to low or off

it provides better FPS at a given resolution at a little cost to fidelity as its not native. So say you play on 1440p, setting your resolution to 1080p with DLSS enabled will yield higher frames than playing on native 1440p.

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

if your card isn't quite perfect for 4K ultra you can squeeze out some smoother frames.

But that's the case only for the 2000 series.

for the 3000 series any card (at least for now) can hit 4k

2 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

for the 3000 series any card (at least for now) can hit 4k

well, with ray tracing on it might make all the difference

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad