PC broke after installing Cyberpunk 2077

deathsliat

I went to install the cyberpunk preload and my pc started acting weird. I restarted my pc and it would not boot. I eventually got it to boot but it took 10 min even on an ssd. I restored it to 5 days ago and its doing the same thing but now wont load to windows. Reinstalled bios and nothing happened. Decided to reinstall windows and it still wont boot into windows and just to get to the bios it takes 10 min. Did I get motherboard malware?

specs:

Ryzen 5 1600

Geforce RTX 3070 FE

16gb GSKILL RIPJAWS V 3200mhz

MSI B350 Tomahawk

WD SN550 1tb m.2

4tb WD server hdd

700w evga

Do I need a new motherboard?

5 minutes ago, deathsliat said:

I went to install the cyberpunk preload and my pc started acting weird. I restarted my pc and it would not boot. I eventually got it to boot but it took 10 min even on an ssd. I restored it to 5 days ago and its doing the same thing but now wont load to windows. Reinstalled bios and nothing happened. Decided to reinstall windows and it still wont boot into windows and just to get to the bios it takes 10 min. Did I get motherboard malware?

specs:

Ryzen 5 1600

Geforce RTX 3070 FE

MSI B350 Tomahawk

WD SN550 1tb m.2

4tb WD server hdd

700w evga

From where did you get the game?? It was supposed to be released on 10th December, right? How did you get it?

6 minutes ago, deathsliat said:

specs:

Ryzen 5 1600

Geforce RTX 3070 FE

MSI B350 Tomahawk

WD SN550 1tb m.2

4tb WD server hdd

700w evga

try using a different drive/ssd and see if that is the problem, go through the process of elemination and you might be able to find the cluprit

1 minute ago, expiredbiscuit said:

From where did you get the game?? It was supposed to be released on 10th December, right? How did you get it?

Pre load

Assuming you legitimately sourced your copy of 2077, no, you don't have a motherboard virus from Cyberpunk.

It's more likely that your boot drive is on the way out. If you're in windows, pull up a command prompt (admin) [Win+X]

copy and paste this into it:

wmic diskdrive get status

once done, copy and paste this as well :

wmic /namespace:\\root\wmi path MSStorageDriver_FailurePredictStatus

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

2 minutes ago, Semper said:

Assuming you legitimately sourced your copy of 2077, no, you don't have a motherboard virus from Cyberpunk.

It's more likely that your boot drive is on the way out. If you're in windows, pull up a command prompt (admin) [Win+X]

copy and paste this into it:

wmic diskdrive get status

I cant even boot into windows

3 minutes ago, Ichoumaz said:

try using a different drive/ssd and see if that is the problem, go through the process of elemination and you might be able to find the cluprit

i have a ubuntu usb and i couldnt boot from that

Just now, expiredbiscuit said:

Pre load?? From where?

Steam

4 minutes ago, deathsliat said:

Steam

Oh! I thought that all the pre orders will be given on 10th only. Then it most probably is not a rootkit or malware if you got it from steam. But I am still not convinced. Especially after your PC did not boot even from a flash drive.

I unplugged my ssd and 4tb and plugged my old hybrid drive in and it booted to windows no problem. Might either be the ssd or 4tb

Just now, deathsliat said:

I unplugged my ssd and 4tb and plugged my old hybrid drive in and it booted to windows no problem. Might either be the ssd or 4tb

Good for you. Phew

It was my 4tb. It might have been a bad cable. I might have just reset windows for no reason......... good thing i didnt have my important files on my boot drive. But it it was my 4tb that has the files that cause the problem then im screwed