Speakers buzzing on audio output from monitor

Chris Fortune

Not sure if this should be here or in monitors, apologies if I got it wrong.

I recently bought a secondary monitor for my system which I intend to use as a display for my BluRay player aswel. The screen has an audio output which works fine with headphones but gives a loud buzzing over the fed audio if I plug in some speakers. Is there a simple way to make this output speaker compatible, sound quality does not need to be awesome as will use main system speakers for that but to a decent TV level would be ideal.  

Simple answer is monitor run audio outputs especially on low end monitors are terrible. They spend no money on components and its normally sat next to the monitor power supply which adds interference which is probably the buzzing your hearing. 

Yeah I that item would work. You plug the HDMI in and it separates the audio from the video. 

Does your PC not have multiple audio outputs. Some motherboards have multiple outputs on the back and you got the front headphone port.

This is not for when it is being used as a secondary monitor but rather as a display for a stand alone BluRay player.

Sound on PC is fine being run through a dedicated speaker system, the issue was if I wanted to use the bluray I could only route it direct to the monitor on HDMI