Migrating to another SSD problem

a little backstory, I recently bought  2 M.2 NVME SSD 1TB to slowly replace my old HDD (1TB) and 500GB to replace my C: drive (120GB 2.5" SSD).

The 1TB SSD is not the problem. I installed it and set it up correctly, moved my important folders (games, some productivity apps, etc.), still using old HDD for document and pictures. after I finished organizing the files, I start to clone windows to the new 500GB M.2. When I boot it up for the first time. it booted to the same drive. Oh! I forgot to change the boot order. 2nd boot. No OS Detected. I started to get worried. Did I clone it incorrectly? Then I troubleshoot it. Put the old drive back in, it boot up fine. Reformat the 500GB M.2, then clone windows again. Same problem No OS detected. I started to look up why does it not find the OS. I discovered that my windows reads the boot sequence from D drive first, then I proceed to where the actual OS is (C drive). Usually the boot sequence is on the same drive. Windows was already installed from a local PC shop I ordered my computer from.

My question is that do I use the "Migrate" tool in the software? (EaseUS have different software and you have to pay for the migration software), do you guys have any recommendation for any free windows migration software? I don't want to pay for something I use once every 4-5 years, and can I put everything, including the boot sequence from my D drive in the new C: drive?

My Old stuff

2.5" 120GB SSD HyperX fury (C:)

3.5" 1TB WD blue 5400rpm (D:)

My New SSD

500GB WD Black (No heatsink) M.2 NVME SSD ("New" C:)

1TB WD Black (No heatsink) M.2 NVME SSD (New D: drive, already finished)

Thanks in advance.

Like MANY others topics on this forum, this time answer will be the same - Macrium Reflect. :)

14 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Like MANY others topics on this forum, this time answer will be the same - Macrium Reflect. :)

It seems to be everyone's favorite choice huh? I am going to try it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 1:42 AM, homeap5 said:

What?! Can't really understand what you typed there 😀

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Motherboard: Asus Z170-Deluxe ATX LGA1151 Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8 GB) DDR4-3200 Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB M.2-2280 NVME & 1TB HDD GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8 GB PSU: Corsair RMi 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Monitor: Dell AW3418DW 34.1" Ultrawide Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 ATX Mid Tower