ASUS PA278QV for Video Editing?

sevenup

Good morning y'all

My better half just finished her masters degree in video editing and i wanted to gift her this christmas a good monitor for her to start editing at home. Her setup does the trick, the monitor is the only flaw atm.

I was browsing and came across the ASUS PA279QV 27" which seems a great Monitor for the price. I just wanted to run it by you experts to make sure im not throwing my money away when there is a better fit :)

Here the specs:

https://www.asus.com/Displays-Desktops/Monitors/Eye-Care/ProArt-Display-PA278QV/techspec/

Thanks a lot for your input

I'm not a photo/video editor by any means (though I do enjoy it from time to time), so don't take my opinion for more than what it is.

However I did just purchase this exact monitor about a week ago and I really enjoy it.

It's very bright, the colors are very vivid and vibrant, videos and games look beautiful.

It has a lot of configuration in the menu, easy to navigate too.

The monitor has nice I/O, including some usb ports since it acts as a usb hub with an included usb A to B cable (along with HDMI and DP to Mini DP in the box).

The stand feels sturdy and easy to set up exactly as you want it.

The speakers are garbage of course but I don't think they expect anyone to use them.

I do have to mention that the first unit I got was defective and I had to replace it, but that was probably just a fluke.

I hope that helps!