RX Vega 56 + CX750 Corsair, im not sure :(

Blackndagger

Budget (including currency): 500 €

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Escape from Tarkov

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello guys!

first of all please forgive me for my grammar and over all english speaking abillitys :o since im having some troubles to speak in propper manner i might do this in a slightly sloppy way and im very sorry for that .

Here is some Data u might need to understand my problem.

Spec:

Cpu: I5 4690k (not oc)

Gpu: Strix Radeon Rx Vega 56 ( custom cooler )

RAM: 16 gb Corsair vengaence 1600 MHz (2x 8gb )

MB: Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3

PSU: Cooler Master 650W

allright with that out of the way i'll come straight to the point! My GPU (as far as i know) is very power hungry and sometimes that hunger causes my Pc to shut down.

at least i think that might be the problem because my PSU is too old and dosent provide enough power to back my GPU up.

sooner or later i will upgrade my pc with the following components:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X,

MB: MSI B450 Tomahawk,

RAM: trident Z ddr4 3200 MHz (16gb),

since im not a pc expert im currently thinking of a good PSU and how much Watts it should have... there is where i need your help and it would be very nice to get some ideas or even suggestions to help me having an easier time doing this^^

so far i looked at the following PSU's and i would like to here some Pro's or/and Cons of you guys :)

PSU: Corsair CX750 (750W)

: Be quiet straight power 11 (750W)

Thanks for reading :)

unless your psu is the definition of ancient then i dont think its your psu, since that gpu "only" uses around 210w
i say only because i can put my rx 580 through hell and back and make it pull 270w and turn it into a jet engine that throttles down to 1000mhz

but again, maybe your gpu has really bad power spikes and demanding a lot of power really really quickly causes a shutdown

i also think that 750w for a power supply is a good spot, since you can easily find low end and high end psu's at that wattage (lmao right now im using a 750w psu thats not even 80 plus rated that costed 50 us dollars, or 41.50 euros)

5 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

unless your psu is the definition of ancient then i dont think its your psu, since that gpu "only" uses around 210w
i say only because i can put my rx 580 through hell and back and make it pull 270w and turn it into a jet engine that throttles down to 1000mhz

but again, maybe your gpu has really bad power spikes and demanding a lot of power really really quickly causes a shutdown

i also think that 750w for a power supply is a good spot, since you can easily find low end and high end psu's at that wattage (lmao right now im using a 750w psu thats not even 80 plus rated that costed 50 us dollars, or 41.50 euros)

Hey thanks for post here :)

mhm like i said im not a pc expert but since i have this GPU i have the issues... i might be wrong about this but i need to try this out at least! :D