Privacy

Hi everbody,

Well I guess everbody knows by now, that secret services are spying rendomly on humanity. Which is not a big deal for everybody because some people pretend to have "nothing to hide". Well if you're one of them, please upload a backup of your harddrive and post the link in the forum (optinonal: smartphone backup).

Well to get to the point, I'd like to see some "How to"-Videos about Privacy and how to be anonymous online. Because I think it's important that everybody knows, how to protect his/her indentity and data. Well and a VPN just wont do that! Even if companies like Hotspotshield will tell you all kind off marketing bullshit.

Well here are some things i'd like to see videos of:

1. How to encrypt your Harddrive with for example with TrueCrypt.

2. How to browse the internet anonymously with Tor and how it works. (optinonal: Setting up a Tor-Node?)

3. How to use your Android without a Google account

4. How to use a Firewall on your Android like Droidwall or PDroid, LBE or whatever

5. How to use the Cloud with TrueCrypt containers, so your data is privat in the Cloud

6. How to use encrypted eMails with PGP or at least S/SIME

7. How to use ChatSecure, TextSecure and encrypted VoIP on your phone

8. How does SSL/TLS work and why this wont help you hide your identity

9. How to use Search Engines anonymously

Well I'd like to know if you guys, would like to see some of these topics as a video.

For those who are interested in these kind of things:

https://guardianproject.info/

Peace Out! Me

Didn't linus do a video on this? 

Hi everbody,

Well I guess everbody knows by now, that secret services are spying rendomly on humanity. Which is not a big deal for everybody because some people pretend to have "nothing to hide". Well if you're one of them, please upload a backup of your harddrive and post the link in the forum (optinonal: smartphone backup).

Well to get to the point, I'd like to see some "How to"-Videos about Privacy and how to be anonymous online. Because I think it's important that everybody knows, how to protect his/her indentity and data. Well and a VPN just wont do that! Even if companies like Hotspotshield will tell you all kind off marketing bullshit.

Well here are some things i'd like to see videos of:

2. How to browse the internet anonymously with Tor and how it works. (optinonal: Setting up a Tor-Node?)

3. How to use your Android without a Google account

4. How to use a Firewall on your Android like Droidwall or PDroid, LBE or whatever

5. How to use the Cloud with TrueCrypt containers, so your data is privat in the Cloud

6. How to use encrypted eMails with PGP or at least S/SIME

7. How to use ChatSecure, TextSecure and encrypted VoIP on your phone

8. How does SSL/TLS work and why this wont help you hide your identity

9. How to use Search Engines anonymously

Well I'd like to know if you guys, would like to see some of these topics as a video.

For those who are interested in these kind of things:

https://guardianproject.info/

Peace Out! Me

You're kidding yourself if you think you can be completely anonymous online.  

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

You're kidding yourself if you think you can be completely anonymous online.

No but, i dont get personalised ads ;-)

There is no "completely" but there a little more anonymously than normal!

And yes I know a bit about cookies, browserfingerprinting and drawing to canvas....

Didn't linus do a video on this?

ok didnt see that, i guess its not needed then but there is still a bunch of other stuff

ok didnt see that, i guess its not needed then but there is still a bunch of other stuff

If someone wants to find information about you on the internet, they will. There's not way to be entirely anonymous.

i thought truecrypt was hackable now :S

nope i would definitly know about this and it just got audited, and it prolly wouldnt be truecrypt but one of the algorithms.

There's no half-way house in being anonymous. You either are or you aren't. It's more to do with how difficult you make it for an entity/Person to track through everything you put in place to I.D you or your location. I, for example, use two separate Gmail accounts, one of which is tied to online purchases, and is therefor is tied to my personal information. I use a second Gmail account for almost everything else (forums, gaming, some social networking that I don't use my real name for). I also use a private cloud, VPN service, and encrypted drives. I'm still far from anonymous.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

There's no half-way house in being anonymous. You either are or you aren't. It's more to do with how difficult you make it for an entity/Person to track through everything you put in place to I.D you or your location. I, for example, use two separate Gmail accounts, one of which is tied to online purchases, and is therefor is tied to my personal information. I use a second Gmail account for almost everything else (forums, gaming, some social networking that I don't use my real name for). I also use a private cloud, VPN service, and encrypted drives. I'm still far from anonymous.

so true but you are aware of it most people arent

If you want to be anonymous online go read up on The Jester.

But in reality you've probably left such a huge digital footprint at this stage there's not much hope.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090