Volume information for the disk cannot be found

Its_chaboygan

I purchased a crucial SSD for my laptop and it just came in today. But I cannot get the damn thing to work. First off, my laptop does not show the SSD. The only way I could find where my laptop recognized it was in device manager. When I found it there I checked the properties and it doesn't seem to be recognizing the capacity of the SSD. I tried "populating it" (whatever that means) and it says (Volume information not found).  From what I can tell I need to return it and get a replacement, but I wanted to give it one last go and ask here. Any tips guys? Any help is appreciated.

1 minute ago, Its_chaboygan said:

I purchased a crucial SSD for my laptop and it just came in today. But I cannot get the damn thing to work. First off, my laptop does not show the SSD. The only way I could find where my laptop recognized it was in device manager. When I found it there I checked the properties and it doesn't seem to be recognizing the capacity of the SSD. I tried "populating it" (whatever that means) and it says (Volume information not found).  From what I can tell I need to return it and get a replacement, but I wanted to give it one last go and ask here. Any tips guys? Any help is appreciated.

I assume you tried to format it under Control Panel>Admin Tools>Computer Management>Disk Management

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I assume you tried to format it under Control Panel>Admin Tools>Computer Management>Disk Management

Yes, well sort of. The SSD does not show up there so I can't do anything. I can easily find my original 512 SSD but not the new one.

52 minutes ago, Its_chaboygan said:

Yes, well sort of. The SSD does not show up there so I can't do anything. I can easily find my original 512 SSD but not the new one.

Bad SSD then

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

17 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Bad SSD then

Hey that's at least an answer. Appreciate the help!

18 minutes ago, Its_chaboygan said:

Hey that's at least an answer. Appreciate the help!

I assume you bought it new, yes?

On 12/1/2020 at 4:36 PM, Radium_Angel said:

I assume you bought it new, yes?

yes it was new through amazon (i double checked the model number to make sure it was the right one that would work with my laptop).

Update! got it replaced and it said it was working!.......for all of 5 minutes until it disappeared from my disk management and now I'm have the same problem all over again. We're starting to wonder if my BRAND NEW 2020 laptop is faulty and the NVME slot is messed up.

49 minutes ago, Its_chaboygan said:

yes it was new through amazon (i double checked the model number to make sure it was the right one that would work with my laptop).

Update! got it replaced and it said it was working!.......for all of 5 minutes until it disappeared from my disk management and now I'm have the same problem all over again. We're starting to wonder if my BRAND NEW 2020 laptop is faulty and the NVME slot is messed up.

Yikes.

Pull the drive.

Power on system without drive.

Power off system.

Re-insert drive.

Power on, test.

If it doesn't work, then yes, your laptop is eating drives...