Firefox restoring Session after crashing.

whm1974

OK Firefox used to ask if you wanted to restore last Session after a crash or if you Restarted/Shutdown the computer. But lately during the last browser update they changed the default where it just restores the Session without even asking. Nevermind there are plenty of good reasons not to, such as crashing or lockups due too many Tabs open. And Yes I do have "Restore Less Session" setting  unchecked.

Well I had to use about:config to disable the "Restore last Session" completely.🙄😠 Why do users have to use Advance Settings to do this? Shouldn't the "Restore last Session" in Preferences do this?

because maybe 99% of the users opt for resuming the session.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

because maybe 99% of the users opt for resuming the session.

My point is that why the need to use "about:config" instead of using "Preferences" to completely disable this? Or even simply ask?

I don't know, maybe because they want the menu to be nice and tidy.

That option maybe one that they decided to scrap for it's unpopularity.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

25 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

I don't know, maybe because they want the menu to be nice and tidy.

That option maybe one that they decided to scrap for it's unpopularity.

The Option in Preferences left unchecked should do this, not having to use "about:config" to do it...

1 hour ago, whm1974 said:

I'm wondering if I should use Otter Browser instead?

as a web developer, i highly discourage the use of browsers outside chrome and firefox as they are the de facto browsers.

most of the web codes and javascript are supported in both browsers, they have a massive team to fix bugs, which probably takes a longer time for a smaller companies.

web browsers arent created the same even if they use the same engine like chromium, mozilla or webkit.

even ms edge which has the same engine as chrome still has massive bugs to fix.