GPU performance drops when PCI at x8 instead of x16 after M.2 install. How can I fix it?

RoamySpec

I recently got an M.2 the other day and I've noticed most games not performing right. After some testing and research, I've found that my PCI slot for my GPU is running in x8 instead of x16. I've done benchmarks with the m.2 in and out and notice a big frame rate loss in some games and stutters when I go from x8 and x16.

Losing 900 points in Time Spy GPU and in Forza 4 losing around10% FPS and stutters, while some other games don't care like Tarkov.

Most people online seem to think this won't make a difference but it really is for me and I don't know how to fix it. Even GN did a video and showed only a tiny performance hit but this is not the case for me.

I tried putting the M.2 in the top slot on the mobo but it disabled 2 of the SATA ports. Also, note the games aren't even running off the m.2.

How can I get my GPU to run in x16 with this m.2? OR maybe there is something the bios making the GPU run like shit at x8?

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600, AMD 5700XT 8GB, 6GB Coursair Vengence 3000mhz, Asus Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair TX 650M

First of all, make sure you installed the drive in M.2_1 slot (it is the one between where the GPU and CPU should be. Then make sure you install the GPU in the top slot and after that go into your BIOS and verify that the PCIe slot is set to 16x and 3rd gen.

Limitations of our boards: When using M.2_1 slot Sata ports 5 and 6 gets disabled. When using both slots the same SATA ports are disabled plus PCIe 16x_1 is set to 8x and possibly some PCIe slots are also disabled. I'm not entirely sure.