OEM Product by AMD?

whm1974

So checking Newegg I discovered the Ryzen 9 12 Core 24 Thread 65W CPU and I'm wondering if this comes with a HSF and/or it is OEM only?

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16819113662?Item=N82E16819113662

I think it is rather Strange for AMD not to have this as a Retail Package, /w HSF. There are many people who could benefit from such a CPU at 65W TDP... But this IMHO.

1 hour ago, Coolmaster said:

Thanks. Is there any reason why AMD doesn't offer this as a Retail Product?

Would there be any usage with this CPU for me? Not that I''ll pay ~$500+ for a Processor but I am wondering.

3 hours ago, whm1974 said:

Thanks. Is there any reason why AMD doesn't offer this as a Retail Product?

AMD has lots of exclusives, the 3500 is not available in North America. The 4000 series APUs are OEM exclusive. The S suffix mobile processors are only for Asus. Some vender probably asked for a lower tdp 12 core CPU for a workstation or something that doesn't need the clockspeeds of the X, but needed to fit in their form factor.

21 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

AMD has lots of exclusives, the 3500 is not available in North America. The 4000 series APUs are OEM exclusive. The S suffix mobile processors are only for Asus. Some vender probably asked for a lower tdp 12 core CPU for a workstation or something that doesn't need the clockspeeds of the X, but needed to fit in their form factor.

I was wondering why the AMD Site was listing only the 4000 APUs on their front page, instead of the current 5000 Series. I had to do a search for those and the 3000 Series.🙄

Aside from Notebooks, I wouldn't buy a Prebuilt, but DIY.